Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
Discuss Iatkos v7 AFTER isntallation (dual booting) at the Installation - Hackint0sh.org; firstly specs: processor: intel core i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe Ram: 4gb DDR3 Graphics: ATI ...
  1. #1
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Iatkos v7 AFTER isntallation (dual booting)

    firstly specs:
    processor: intel core i7-920
    Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe
    Ram: 4gb DDR3
    Graphics: ATI RADEON HD 8340

    Got 2 partitions, 1 with windows 7 and 1 with Mac OS X (used iAtkos) after installation and set up dual boot with EasyBCD, I restart my computer and choose Mac OS, but it freezes at apple logo... help?



  2. #2
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wangyen View Post
    firstly specs:
    processor: intel core i7-920
    Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe
    Ram: 4gb DDR3
    Graphics: ATI RADEON HD 8340

    Got 2 partitions, 1 with windows 7 and 1 with Mac OS X (used iAtkos) after installation and set up dual boot with EasyBCD, I restart my computer and choose Mac OS, but it freezes at apple logo... help?
    Hi,
    Some real quick suggestion for you.

    If you pre-partition your hard drive and make OSX partition a Primary one, then there is no need to use easyBCD, as Chameleon should be able to boot both of your Windows and OSX.

    Windows 7 would take 2 partitions, one is 100 MB hidden primary called System Reserved.

  3. #3
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ...no my windows 7 is primary... after I succesfully installed MAC OS using iAtkos, it "should (but in my case its freeze at apple logo)" boot up MAC OS and then I need to restart and insert windows 7 disc to repair or set windows 7 partition as active -> restart and i should boot to windows 7 and use EasyBCD to set up dual boot. BUT the thing is Whenever I try to boot up/select MAC OS it wont open, I see charmelon screen *loading....* -> *apple logo............forever*

    help please?

  4. #4
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wangyen View Post
    ...no my windows 7 is primary... after I succesfully installed MAC OS using iAtkos, it "should (but in my case its freeze at apple logo)" boot up MAC OS and then I need to restart and insert windows 7 disc to repair or set windows 7 partition as active -> restart and i should boot to windows 7 and use EasyBCD to set up dual boot. BUT the thing is Whenever I try to boot up/select MAC OS it wont open, I see charmelon screen *loading....* -> *apple logo............forever*

    help please?
    You're not quite understanding about primary partition setup vs. first boot OS.
    But anyway, you already took care of the dual booting issue?

    So now the problem is with OSX hanging? Is this what I understand you're asking for help?

    If so try to boot with option below to see if there is possible error message.

    -x -v

  5. #5
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    yes! I already can dual boot! I can choose windows 7 or OSX. Windows 7 works just as before! but mac OS hangs at apple logo after chameleon screen...

    And how do you boot with -v or -x? where and when do I type that? can you please tell me when? here's my procedures

    1. turn on comp
    2. loading...
    3. Choose win7 or mac OS
    4. win 7 -> welcome!
    5. mac os -> hangs at apple logo

    where do I type -v/-x?


  6. #6
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wangyen View Post
    yes! I already can dual boot! I can choose windows 7 or OSX. Windows 7 works just as before! but mac OS hangs at apple logo after chameleon screen...

    And how do you boot with -v or -x? where and when do I type that? can you please tell me when? here's my procedures

    1. turn on comp
    2. loading...
    3. Choose win7 or mac OS
    4. win 7 -> welcome!
    5. mac os -> hangs at apple logo

    where do I type -v/-x?
    Thank you for describing your process clearly. That make it much easy to follow.

    There should be a Chameleon boot screen for entering boot options and parameters to OSX. Since you use BCD, I'm not quite sure if it bypass that screen, which is not good because there are many things could be done with those boot options.

    At step 3, right after you choose mac, could you try to see if you could type the options in before hit enter. Or any other way before Chameleon start its graphical UI.

  7. #7
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hmm well before I install BCD, The chameleon boot screen loads and I have 2 options
    1. Wait and boot to Mac os -> which then hangs at apple logo -.-
    2. Press any button to load up startup options.

    when I press "any" button it have few options, i.e. Mac, Windows, and can't remember the others. BUT I dont think theres any "space" to put -v/-x etc2...

  8. #8
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    That is the difference between using Chameleon to boot OSX and other utility.

    Windows don't usually use boot options. But many Unix based system, OSX for ex., would need to be able to do so.

    And that was why I asked you earlier about setup primary partition for OSX so that you don't need easyBCD and could use Chameleon to boot both OS's.

  9. #9
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wangyen View Post
    Hmm well before I install BCD, The chameleon boot screen loads and I have 2 options
    1. Wait and boot to Mac os -> which then hangs at apple logo -.-
    2. Press any button to load up startup options.

    when I press "any" button it have few options, i.e. Mac, Windows, and can't remember the others. BUT I dont think theres any "space" to put -v/-x etc2...
    Ok, so try the "any" button then, select Mac volume, and then type those options in, then press enter.
    If you can still do it. That any button is actually Chameleon bootloader selection in which you can boot your Windows.

  10. #10
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    "press any key to enter startup options" was the saying... and I did and it have Mac, windows fat16 and storage? (i think this is my other partition...) I still see no where to put -v =/

    Do you have that saying i quoted?


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. iATKOS v7 - dual booting windows 7 + Mac OSX
    By nikko1000 in forum Dual Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 11:45 PM
  2. DESPERATELY NEED HELP! (iAtkos v7) dual booting!
    By wangyen in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2010, 06:38 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 06:12 PM
  4. Dual booting iATKOS andWindows 7 Problem :\
    By xxxrichievxxx in forum Dual Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2010, 03:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:37 PM.
twitter, follow us!