Results 1 to 7 of 7
Discuss [help] Chameleon Bootloader at the Installation - Hackint0sh.org; hi to all on hackint0sh.org forum, i've a little problem on my laptop, i use ...
  1. #1
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Koblenz
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default [help] Chameleon Bootloader

    hi to all on hackint0sh.org forum,
    i've a little problem on my laptop, i use chameleon v2 installed from iAtkos v7 DVD, MBR partition and i've got an hard reboot at all the boot (after boot0, done.)
    if i want to boot without problem i must press F12 and select the hard disk on the list...
    any ideas?!



  2. #2
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ix315 View Post
    hi to all on hackint0sh.org forum,
    i've a little problem on my laptop, i use chameleon v2 installed from iAtkos v7 DVD, MBR partition and i've got an hard reboot at all the boot (after boot0, done.)
    if i want to boot without problem i must press F12 and select the hard disk on the list...
    any ideas?!
    That is too generic to give any idea. Would you want me to tell you that there is something wrong with your boot loader?

    So, how do you have your system set up? Hard drives? Partitions? Os's? And after F12, what is the list?

  3. #3
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Koblenz
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ratvn View Post
    That is too generic to give any idea. Would you want me to tell you that there is something wrong with your boot loader?

    So, how do you have your system set up? Hard drives? Partitions? Os's? And after F12, what is the list?
    ok thanks for your reply, is a laptop with Nforce chipset, 1 partition and leo10.5.8 (from kalyway10.5.2) chameleon v2 is from iatkos v7 dvd....
    F12 is the boot selector from the bios! (CD or HD)

  4. #4
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ix315 View Post
    ok thanks for your reply, is a laptop with Nforce chipset, 1 partition and leo10.5.8 (from kalyway10.5.2) chameleon v2 is from iatkos v7 dvd....
    F12 is the boot selector from the bios! (CD or HD)
    Alright.
    So it only has one hard drive with one partition on it?

    If so then Chameleon did not get install correctly, or may be corrupted.
    I would download it from kexs.com and reinstall it. Recommend V2 RC4 (that is newer than on V7), and choose the standard unmodified version.

    Your BIOS setting should be: first boot device: HD (if you don't want CD).

  5. #5
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Koblenz
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ratvn View Post
    Alright.
    So it only has one hard drive with one partition on it?

    If so then Chameleon did not get install correctly, or may be corrupted.
    I would download it from kexs.com and reinstall it. Recommend V2 RC4 (that is newer than on V7), and choose the standard unmodified version.

    Your BIOS setting should be: first boot device: HD (if you don't want CD).

    upgraded, no changes....
    i'll post a video... u should see....
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3597459/boot.mp4

    UP?!
    Last edited by ix315; 06-21-2010 at 05:45 PM. Reason: UP


  6. #6
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Koblenz
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ix315 View Post
    upgraded, no changes....
    i'll post a video... u should see....
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3597459/boot.mp4

    UP?!
    UP^^ is simply i think!!! if someone can help me, it should appreciated.

  7. #7
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    If you would reset your BIOS and change first boot order to HD instead of CD, would you still have the same problem?

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Keyboard Problems with Chameleon Bootloader
    By ruther in forum Installation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2011, 04:09 AM
  2. removing chameleon bootloader?
    By jmix in forum Dual Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 07:15 PM
  3. Chameleon Bootloader
    By jacktabby in forum Installation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 12:19 PM
  4. Chameleon Bootloader Tutorial
    By kromakey in forum Dual Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-10-2009, 07:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:55 PM.
twitter, follow us!