1. Formatted drive HFS+ Non Journaled (IMPORTANT FOR NEXT STEPS AS KNOPPIX CANNOT WRITE TO A JOURNALED PARTITION)
2. Made sure no GMA950 .kexts were checked.
3. Waited for system to install
4. Checked to see if there was any graphics output (if there is skip to step 15 or 16)
5. Booted with no graphics output (just a blue screen) with the welcome tune playing
6. Powered off the system, booted my Knoppix Live Linux DVD (available at this link
7. Mounted the hda2 partition, enabled write access (right click, change read/write mode)
8. Opened Konsole, typed in
9. Typed in the address bar /media/hda2/System/Library/Extensions/
10. Minimized Konqueror, opened IceWeasel, went to Leo4All
, and clicked the download link at the bottom of the large post about the GMA900.
11. *NOTE* This step required multiple tries for me. Seems that writing to HFS+ with Knoppix is temperamental. If it refuses to write, reboot and try again. It's best to save the downloaded files to a flash drive as if you have to reboot, all changes are lost! *END NOTE* Unzipped the two .kexts to the desktop, and dragged them into the Konqueror window we opened in step 9.
12. If they wrote successfully (prompted for overwrite of AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext), reboot. If unsuccessful, reboot and go back to step 6.
13. Boot OS X with the -s boot option.
14. Run the following commands
/sbin/mount -uw /
chmod -R 755 Extensions/
chown -R root:wheel Extensions/
15. Your computer should now boot successfully, with full QE/CI (Quartz Extreme and Core Image) support!