Discuss 10.6.4 on an HP DV7 4070US at the Installation - Hackint0sh.org; Hey all,
I've done a previous hackint0sh on my dell 1525 with flying colors. Everything ...
10.6.4 on an HP DV7 4070US
I've done a previous hackint0sh on my dell 1525 with flying colors. Everything from two finger scrolling to an audio boost ktext working PERFECT, the only caveat : It's pretty sluggish due to the integrated video.
I've tried a Chameleon bootloader (dated 2008-09) and an iBoot loaders with chameleon (dated 2010-09) and both immediately give me a "You need to restart your computer (The mac Kernal panic screen one). Even tried booting with a -v -x like I did with my dell, no luck.
Furthest I've gotten on numerous attempts was with booting with the -v -x and it going through the entire scrolling of text only to stop at the very bottom indicating "No OS".
This laptop has an ATI 5650 and I've sifted through on line and heard of people getting it working, I've tried iBoot's ATI and "Supportive" (I believe it was called) with no luck...
Can anyone point me in a direction to go from here? I'd love to get this thing hackint0shed, and I'd love to write an article about it in steps (As this thing is pretty beefed up in terms of hardware / hdd from the factory).
Should be known that I'm using a retail mac CD, not a distro.
Here's the specs:
* Intel Core i5-450M processor 2.40GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.66 GHz; 4GB DDR3 System Memory (2 DIMM) - Max supported = 8GB
* 17.3 inch diagonal HP BrightView HD+ LED Display (1600 x 900)
* Brushed aluminum finish with the stream design in argento; HP TrueVision Webcam with integrated digital microphone
* Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector); Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n WLAN
* 4 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0, 4th port shared with eSATA; 1 HDMI; 1 eSATA + USB 2.0; 1 VGA (15-pin) ; 1 RJ -45 (LAN)
* 640GB HDD (7200RPM)
Last edited by webdevbrian; 10-26-2010 at 03:49 AM.
By Killian in forum Hardware
Last Post: 12-02-2010, 03:04 AM