Can I Just Unlock the OS ? (not the sim) + Basic Doubts
Hey guys, I've already booked an iPhone (which arrives at Aug 22 in my country) and I'm presently looking at the possibilities.
Here's my situation. I'm very happy with the carrier thats gonna come with the phone. O:) So, I'd like to get just a software unlock. See these are things which annoy me about the iPhone :
- iPhone Can't Minimize Apps
- Bluetooth Doesn't Allow File Transfer :mad:
- Impossible to store anything except music (damn!!!111 )
- Supports only m4a movie format
- App Installation Restrictions
To make it easy for you, I'm gonna list down my doubts down here :confused: :-
- Can unlocking solve all the above problems ?
- Can I keep the same SIM after unlocking ?
- Will I get bricked automatically in a Windows system with iTunes ?
- Can I use Official App Store after unlock ?
- Whats the "Kill-Switch" I've been seeing lately on news ?
- Is Unlocking reversable ?
- Is there any other way than unlocking to solve above probs ?
I know, thats a lot. But, pls help me out guys. And believe me, this would help 1000s of others than it helps me. I'm sure a lot of other n00bs are awaiting expert answers to these questions.
Thanks in advance. Cheers. :D