View Poll Results: How Satisfied Are You After Unlocking ?
- 6. You may not vote on this poll
Discuss Can I Just Unlock the OS ? (not the sim) + Basic Doubts at the Hardware Unlock - Hackint0sh.org; Hey guys, I've already booked an iPhone (which arrives at Aug 22 in my country) ...
First, you have to know the difference between unlocking and jailbreaking.
Unlocking is enabling your phone to work with any carrier. Jailbreaking only opens up the software, so that you can download third party applications (not through AppStore) and SSH into your iPhone, and have near-complete control over the software.
Now since your phone is from abroad, it will be locked to a network from that country. So it will not work on your own home iPhone network. I would suggest you buy a phone directly from your network in your country (so you can just jailbreak, without unlocking - easier)
Now, your doubts:
1. By jailbreaking, you can download software that is not available on the AppStore due to Apple's restrictions.
iPhone cannot minimise apps, but a new version in September will enable Push Notification, which is kind of better than minimising (Google it).
As for bluetooth file transfer, this is not available yet although I've seen some programmes for file transfers.
You can store Music, Photos, and you can also store other files by using third party applications. So you can view .pdf, .doc etc...
The apps installation restrictions is overcome by Jailbreaking your phone.
2. You mean, keep the same SIM after jailbreaking? Yes you can. You can also do that after unlocking.
5. Should an app leak into the App Store and it causes problems in phones, Apple has the ability to disable the application on ALL iPhones. Nothing you have to worry about.
7. JAILBREAKING is the only way to solve
Originally Posted by knowmonger
- Will JailBreak Void Warranty ? -> Maybe, I think so
- Can I get Warranty back by undo-ing the jailbreak ? -> Yes, restore to apple FW
- Are Jailbreak softwares reliable ? Yes, if you use Pwnage
- I heard somewhere - "There aren't any unlock/jailbreak s/w for iPhone 3G yet". Whats with that ? -> jailbreak yes - Unlock not so far (3G)
- Are you sure I can use Official App Store after unlock ? -> I do, you can aswell
- Will Jailbreak harm my hardware in anyway ? No, if you use Pwnage
- Is the SSH included in Jailbreak same as BASH in Linux ? (hate to admit it but I'm a linux nerd) -> No, but you can load it via Cydia/Installer direct on the iPhone
Hope that helps
Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
---------- iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
1. i Don't know if it will void it, but it's known that Apple wont help you if they notice your iPhone has been jailbreak'd or Unlocked.
2. As long as they don't notice... , Just restore back with an official image, and you'll be just where you started
3.Pretty much , with the new pwnage tool, quickpwn, i'm still to hear about a failed jailbreak (that's no error by the user)
4.There's no unlock for 3G (yet) , jailbreak it's possible (on 2.0, 2.0.1)
5. You can...
6. No, it wont, jailbreak fakes the OS into believing it's been activated (also called hacktivated) nothing at a hardware level
Note: given the case something unusual happens when restoring (like disconnecting your phone before it's done....something wrong can happen , but 99.99% of the times it's fixable by just put your phone on DFU mode , and restoring )
7. Not completly sure... but it's actually pretty similar.., but from BSD, before it was called BSD subsystem) basically they port bsd/linux utils to the iPhone (wich runs mac os x mobile, based on Unix)
damn , a little too late .... i'll leave it for the sake of it
Last edited by adajet51; 08-19-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Reason: beat to it
Lol, adajet51. And thanks volkspost and adajet51 for your valued replies. Boy, I've learnt a lot from coming here. Hats off to Hackint0sh. Anyway, I need to get sleep. Its past midnight.
But since you're getting an iPhone from abroad, you still need to unlock it. An unlocking an iPhone 3G is a hassle. I unlocked mine with TurboSIM.
If you need help with that contact me.
minor correction ...
turboSIM or usage of piggy back SIM is not unlock
** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here **
Originally Posted by dtube
True.. I'm sorry.
It's just a way to get around the network and make calls.
Hey guys, one of my friends in the U.S told me its possible for him to send me an iPhone.
Since iPhone is available here via Vodafone or Airtel, if I put a Vodafone/Airtel simcard in the set, can I bypass unlocking ?
By mr.moch in forum Dual Booting
Last Post: 04-25-2010, 07:37 PM
By Reznicek in forum iPhone 3GS
Last Post: 02-03-2010, 10:39 AM
By JSN1 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 03-23-2008, 10:44 AM
By yalag in forum General
Last Post: 01-22-2008, 06:50 PM
By catgo in forum General
Last Post: 08-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Tags for this Thread