Discuss Some basic Hackint0sh questions from a newbie. at the Hardware - Hackint0sh.org; ...
Some basic Hackint0sh questions from a newbie.
First post and some daft questions.
1. Is it worth making a desktop PC right now? Reason I ask is that Lion is around the corner, and is there any chance that if I build a desktop now, it won't work with Lion?
2. My old Core Duo Macbook is due to be replaced. I'm a bit thrown by the MBA and MBP and the Sony Vaio Z series suit my needs better from a spec/size point of view. Can I hackint0sh that?
3. I'm basically a competent numpty, with only basic knowledge of the insides of computing/programming. I keep seeing all these 'help please' threads and am slightly worried. How easy is it really??? Be honest!
4. Once I've got it up and running, is that it? Will it run like a mac from then on, or will I get 'glitches' with updates etc?
I guess I've got Champagne tastes and beer money. I worked out I can build the suggested i5 system for about £500 and that should meet my needs far better than an imac.
Thanks in advance.
1. Lion will surely work on our PC, but we have to wait.
2. Ppl tried With Vaio Z, but I think they didnt get full support, so I dont recommend you this model, you can always look for the latest laptop models in the HCL.
3. These days is really easy to install OSX on your PC, there's tons of tutorials out there.
4. Once you got it working, it will run like a real mac with updates and everything else.
5. If your going to build a core i5 system, check our tutorials and Google for complementary info, read the Hardware Compatibility List before trying anything!
HP Pavilion Elite m9250f
Snow Leopard 10.6.6, Asus IPIBL-LB MOD BIOS, Intel Quad Core Q6600, 4GB RAM (800mhz), 2x500GB, nVidia 8600GT (Works), ALC888S (Works), Wireless RT73 (Works), LAN (Works) - How to Install
- Hardware Combos
- FAQ by TJ2K7 Macbook Pro 13" iPhone 4
Follow meh: @icchansan If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here
Thanks. I was indeed thinking of the i5 system in the Compatibility list. I'm a little uneasy about it being compatible with Lion. Are you 100% certain it will work with a Snow Leopard system or would I be better waiting?
By Red5ive in forum PwnageTool
Last Post: 09-06-2010, 09:58 PM
By TA Rado in forum iPhone 3G
Last Post: 04-26-2009, 07:27 PM
By iprecious in forum PwnageTool
Last Post: 12-31-2008, 02:15 AM
By nautikal in forum General
Last Post: 10-02-2008, 12:48 AM
By bobhope in forum General
Last Post: 09-08-2007, 07:36 AM