video editing machine
hi guys i'm new to the scene and i'm trying to build a video editing rig for a friend. he wants to dual boot and i have only built window/linux pc's in the past but i do have a little bit of osx experience on macs.
i was going to use this guide for the hardware/software setup is there any other guides i should use?
Goodest Core i7 Hackintosh Machine | Build Your Own Hackintosh
here is the newegg shopping list.
- EVGA 01G-P3-1180-AR GeForce GTX 285 1GB 512-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
- Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601920
- OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3G1600LV6GK
- CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply
- GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
- PLEXTOR 24X DVD/CD Writer Black SATA Model PX-880SA LightScribe Support
once this machine is built and patched how often am i going to need to help him to keep it running?
can anyone help me out? is this a bad idea since i do not want to maintain this rig often?
bump... ??? keen to build a video editing rig too (: