HP Laptop 8510w Driver Installer Package for OS X 10.5.6
I've built an installer package of OS X Leopard 10.5.6 drivers for the HP 8510w Laptop. It's aimed at Retail DVD installations as that's what I prefer although it should work with custom distro DVD's such as iPC, iDeneb 1.4.
The installer does a backup before installing each kext by appending the suffix HexBackup to each kext and bundle so you can manually restore things which break.
Whats working in v1.1:
* Nvidia Graphics - Quadro 570M with full QE&CI at 1920x1200
* Sound with Azalia kext
* Ricoh Cardbus slow boot problem solved
* Sleep - not perfect but works (hibernate doesn't work yet)
* Ethernet adapter
* PCI'e Wifi cards - which IO802Networking has drivers for such as the Broadcom/Atheros cards etc
* USB fixes - UHCI, EHCI and OHCI should all be fully functional
Whats not working with v1.1:
* Cardbus cards
* Smart Card Reader
* SD Card Reader
* Intel Wifi - 4965G I think it is
To install do the following:
1. Install Leopard 10.5.6 as normal via DVD (or OSInstall.mpkg from another partition etc)
2. Before you reboot somehow get my file "HexHex_HP_8510w_10.5.6_Driver_Installer_v1.1.mpkg .zip" to your PC via USB disk or something
3. Run the installer and select the required drivers and then reboot:
For those of you who have already installed OS X (10.5.6) them simply run the installer and then reboot with -f -v boot flags. If you have questions/requests look for me in IRC, room #hackint0sh on irc.osx86.ru
In the next version I'll probably add Chameleon 2.0RC1 to install itself in the hidden EFI partition and provide a hacked bios image for getting non-HP "approved" Wifi PCIe cards to work.
Good luck but don't forget it's only version 1.1 so let me know of any bugs,
To get the installer (10mb) package go here: http://www.mediafire.com/hexhex
Any info on Richoh Cardbus Controller
The cardbus controller is why the sdcard and sd readers don't work. Also the Intel 4965 is now supported via iwidarwin: iwidarwin - Project Hosting on Google Code
I have a HP 8530w and almost all vanilla stuff works, just had to put on a few kexts to get stuff like good video, Sound, and PS2 controller stuff, but even vanilla worked ok, just not great. The Ricoh is a 5c476(II) controller and the SD and SC reader is attached to it.
If anyone gets any info on this controller, kexts, etc, I'd be thankful.
One last thing, what's the best way to setup nVidia dual monitor support with OSX on the 8510?
Help trying to install snow leopard retail dvd
A few months ago I tried kalaway, ideneb, etc with no luck - I would get those to boot but they would all die with the error saying it's waiting for root device.
This time I'm starting from scratch again and using a vanilla retail of snow leopard.
I've tried using the efi bootloader and boot-132, they boot, but at when I switch the disk, I get nothing with boot-132 while I get a kernel panic with an acpi error when I use efi.
There's not much I can do in the bios, I've tried disabling native sata to try and get boot-132 to work but no luck.
I'm hoping someone here can help me in getting my install started at least.
Thanks in advance for your help.