Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35
Discuss Which OSX86 for HP Pavillion DV6500? at the Hardware - Hackint0sh.org; There might be a misunderstanding here: There is only ONE disc. One disc (called disk5, ...
  1. #21
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    There might be a misunderstanding here: There is only ONE disc. One disc (called disk5, i dunno why it isn't disk0...) with 4 partitions, 4 primary partitions.
    1=efi&active,2=windows,3=storage,4=osx.

    >>Now, between chasing bootloader and your OSX installation things will be a bit harder

    What do you mean?

    About the bootmanagement: Now I can select Windows or OSX via Chameleon 2 in the graphic interface. So it seems that i've dealt with that.

    Now I need to start OSX, but I cannot do that if the system resets before there is even on line shown in verbose mode. that might be due to the fact that the osx partition needs to be set active (thats what chameleon did at the install)... but then windows does not start up anymore.

    2nd, i did not install any drivers at the osx installation, might that be the reason (i dont want to select the wrong drivers, so i dont want to play with the settings)?

    I hope my english is good enough for describing the problem properly.


  2. #22
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XphX View Post
    There might be a misunderstanding here: There is only ONE disc. One disc (called disk5, i dunno why it isn't disk0...) with 4 partitions, 4 primary partitions.
    1=efi&active,2=windows,3=storage,4=osx.

    >>Now, between chasing bootloader and your OSX installation things will be a bit harder

    What do you mean?

    About the bootmanagement: Now I can select Windows or OSX via Chameleon 2 in the graphic interface. So it seems that i've dealt with that.

    Now I need to start OSX, but I cannot do that if the system resets before there is even on line shown in verbose mode. that might be due to the fact that the osx partition needs to be set active (thats what chameleon did at the install)... but then windows does not start up anymore.

    2nd, i did not install any drivers at the osx installation, might that be the reason (i dont want to select the wrong drivers, so i dont want to play with the settings)?

    I hope my english is good enough for describing the problem properly.
    Ok,
    1.IF you can use Chameleon to boot windows then it is install to the correct partition TYPE. So after this, it doesn't matter how many times you reinstall OSX, the boot chain will still be there.
    2. Then you will be focusing on your OSX installation. You need to select proper options under customization for OSX to work. That include your chipsets drivers/fixed and others that match your hardware.
    Give it a try.

  3. #23
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ratvn View Post
    Give it a try.
    I will do that, tomorrow (i still have time to finish this until the end of the week). Your help is very appreciated, thank you.

  4. #24
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XphX View Post
    I will do that, tomorrow (i still have time to finish this until the end of the week). Your help is very appreciated, thank you.
    Ok,
    Good luck to you then
    Cheers,

  5. #25
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I thought that a default kernel would be choosen automatically if i do not select anything. just to be sure i marked the "vanilla" one. i selected the chipset drivers and the wireless drivers (i did not select nvidia drivers for now, i think this is to be done if osx finally starts up), still nothing changed.

    did i miss something? Because the last time, at least the apple logo showed up for more than half a second, now something is different (did not selected anything special the last time at the installation screen).


  6. #26
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XphX View Post
    I thought that a default kernel would be choosen automatically if i do not select anything. just to be sure i marked the "vanilla" one. i selected the chipset drivers and the wireless drivers (i did not select nvidia drivers for now, i think this is to be done if osx finally starts up), still nothing changed.

    did i miss something? Because the last time, at least the apple logo showed up for more than half a second, now something is different (did not selected anything special the last time at the installation screen).
    Hi,
    Yes, did miss some very important: AMD CPU can not run vanilla. So you need a kernel that is fairly heavy mod for AMD.
    Try Voodoo/Qoopz.

  7. #27
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    With Voodoo i get a few lines NforceATA (that is the chipset driver i installed, i hope this is the one i need), there are a few getconfig lines, and the last nforceATA line is "get config (some various numbers i dont remember)". it stops with still waiting for root device. i guess i selected the wrong drivers and it did not even recognize the sata ports.

    /Edit: Google tells me, that pretty much everything could cause this. dammit.
    Last edited by XphX; 05-18-2010 at 10:23 PM.

  8. #28
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XphX View Post
    With Voodoo i get a few lines NforceATA (that is the chipset driver i installed, i hope this is the one i need), there are a few getconfig lines, and the last nforceATA line is "get config (some various numbers i dont remember)". it stops with still waiting for root device. i guess i selected the wrong drivers and it did not even recognize the sata ports.

    /Edit: Google tells me, that pretty much everything could cause this. dammit.
    Your guess is very good, better than mine
    Under that nForce, are there option for different models? You may want to make sure you get the correct one.

  9. #29
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I tried the other nforceATA drivers, nothing changed. well, i found a blog which states that it is easy to install osx on the hp with the iDeneb 1.3, a older version. is it possible that a prior version of the dvd could work out-of-the-box or are there just less drivers included?

    for now there is no progress, a few things like -x and rd=disk5s4 did not work and i did not found a solution or even a hint on google. what i found is a patch for the 1.3 version of iDeneb, a nforceATA patch that matches the description for my problem. i have to patch the 1.3 version with a little program, i will try it out with my iDeneb version. let's see...
    Last edited by XphX; 05-20-2010 at 07:19 PM.

  10. #30
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XphX View Post
    I tried the other nforceATA drivers, nothing changed. well, i found a blog which states that it is easy to install osx on the hp with the iDeneb 1.3, a older version. is it possible that a prior version of the dvd could work out-of-the-box or are there just less drivers included?

    for now there is no progress, a few things like -x and rd=disk5s4 did not work and i did not found a solution or even a hint on google. what i found is a patch for the 1.3 version of iDeneb, a nforceATA patch that matches the description for my problem. i have to patch the 1.3 version with a little program, i will try it out with my iDeneb version. let's see...
    Yes, you will need that nForce chipsets driver/patches. An older release may have the correct one. Maybe in 1.5.1 as well, but try your patches first.

    Good luck.

    Cheers,


 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. HP Pavillion dv6500 laptop - which distro to use?
    By pschwartz in forum Installation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 01:04 AM
  2. Install OSX86 on HP Pavilion dv6500?
    By peter17 in forum Installation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-14-2010, 07:11 AM
  3. Which OSX86 for HP Pavillion DV6500
    By emercado921 in forum Hardware
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 01:45 AM
  4. OSx86 on ASUS PTGD1-LA (HP Pavillion)
    By spuddly2003 in forum Hardware
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-29-2009, 04:09 PM
  5. Compatibility Check - HP Pavillion DV6500
    By carvolution in forum Hardware
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-25-2009, 05:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:08 AM.
twitter, follow us!