Discuss Ordered barebones and parts from newegg- will i encounter any problems? at the Hardware - Hackint0sh.org; ...
Ordered barebones and parts from newegg- will i encounter any problems?
I have done much research on this forum on which components to buy. My goal was to replace my current setup (Power Mac G4 400mhz AGP with 960mb ram and IDE HD (120gb and 60gb) with parts totaling under 200 dollars. This is what i decided to buy:
OPEN BOX BAREBONES CASE ($100): ASUS T3-M2NC51PV AMD Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Barebone
AMD DUAL CORE ($60): AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Brisbane 2.2GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor Model ADO42000IAA5DO - OEM http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103214
SUPERDRIVE ($27): SAMSUNG 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S203B - OEM
2GB RAM ($40): CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 675 (PC2 5400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-5400c4 - Retail
WIRELESS ($20): D-Link WDA-1320 32-bit PCI Wireless G Desktop Adapter - Retail
Everything total was just over 250 dollars with free three day shipping on all of it. Everything but the case should come today (tuesday) and ill have to wait till Thursday for the Barebones open box.
I did not buy an internal hard drive since I have a 120GB IDE ATA drive I am going to swap out of my current system. So.. several questions for all of you...
1) Does this look like a decent system that will run Leopard?
2) Which install should I use? Leo4allV2 (AMD/Intel) or Zephyroth (AMD only)
3) Will my IDE hard drive work?
4) Will I encounter difficulty installing from an SATA dvd drive?
5) Will the atheros ktext work with my wireless?
6) The barebones unit includes GeForce 6150 onboard video. Will i have any problems with QE or resolution?
7) What do people out there think of the AMD dual core athlon systems on leopard? Do you guys get decent performance?
By hbah427 in forum Installation
Last Post: 05-11-2010, 08:40 AM
By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
Last Post: 08-12-2009, 06:50 PM
By mikemar42 in forum Hardware
Last Post: 03-01-2009, 04:59 AM
By gotzaa in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-22-2008, 06:48 PM
Last Post: 05-13-2006, 02:22 PM