Discuss New mATX build however .......... at the Hardware - Hackint0sh.org; I just finished putting together a new mATX build with the following:
* Intel Core ...
New mATX build however ..........
I just finished putting together a new mATX build with the following:
* Intel Core i7-930 Bloomfield 2.8GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX8060193063982824
* ASUS Rampage III Gene LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard63883630
* COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750-ACAAE3-US 750W ATX12V v2.31 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply63793995
* APPLE Mac Box Set with Snow Leopard63793995
* LG Black Blu-ray Disc Combo SATA Model CH10LS20 R LightScribe
* Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive63793995
* CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMP6GX3M3A1600C863793995
* PowerColor AX5750 1GBD5-H Radeon HD 5750 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card63793995
* Antec Black Aluminum / Steel Fusion Remote Black Micro ATX Media Center / HTPC Case63793995
Tried various install methods for SL but to no avail. I even tried formatting the new WD HD on my existing 20" iMac running SL, installed SL and then tried boot loaders to get it running. Nothing worked, but I did get the the kernal panic screen on various iterations and even got to the grey Apple login screen with the spinning cog.
I can say without embarrassment that I am a novice at best. The system build is fine, but I have no clue about code or programming and only tried following various posted schemes on how to get this baby running SL.
Does anyone see promise with this build or will this become a Windows 7 machine? Any and all help is appreciated.
PS I used the $29 box set for the OS.
may be you could tell us your installation method and error occurred so we can check on that.
Motherboard : GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard
CPU : Intel® Core™2 Duo E7400 Wolfdale (3M Cache, 2.80 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB)
RAM : 2×1GB Corsair Value Select PC2-5300 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM
GFX : Asus EN9400GT SILENT/DI/512MD2
Sound : ALC889A
Ethernet : Realtek 8111C Gigabit
Bluetooth : TinyTech Bluetooth 2.0 Dongle
Wireless : Asus WL-138g V2 802.11b/g PCI Wireless Adapter Hackintosh Hardware
By AndriodR in forum Hardware
Last Post: 05-27-2011, 06:16 PM
By geestring in forum Hardware
Last Post: 03-05-2010, 05:05 PM
By dustintinsley in forum Hardware
Last Post: 06-19-2009, 09:39 AM
By TickledPink in forum Hardware
Last Post: 01-16-2009, 11:36 PM
By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
Last Post: 06-11-2008, 12:40 AM