Discuss Need some help with this hackintosh setup. at the Hardware - Hackint0sh.org; Hi everybody,
This is my first post but I've been reading the forums for a ...
Need some help with this hackintosh setup.
This is my first post but I've been reading the forums for a while already.
I am from Australia and everything over there is expensive (2900usd for a imac i7 with standard 4gb ram) so I decided to try to build a hackintosh.
My budget is about $1500 and the computer will be used for heavy photoshop and aperture work.
Here is what I am considering ordering from newegg via freight forwarding:
- DVD: Cheap DVD Burner
- BOX: XCLIO Windtunnel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
- HD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5TB 7200 RPM SATA
- VIDEO: EVGA GeForce 9800 gtx 512mb
- POWER SUPPLY: CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W Power Supply
- MISC: SIIG 3-Port FireWire PCI Express Card
- RAM: CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
- CPU: Intel Core i7-930 Bloomfield 2.8GHz
- MOBO: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
Am I missing anything? Is it overkill with what I am planning to do? (especially with the video card) Would I be better off with 1600 ram instead of 1333? Is the 930 better than 920 or is there a lot of trouble making it work?
edit: I plan to use it with a 27" Dell U2711 IPS screen, would it work? Would the card be able to handle 2 of them?
I apologize for all the questions
Thanks for reading!
By gamerdew64 in forum Forum News and Events.
Last Post: 08-26-2011, 08:58 AM
By hhll in forum Hardware
Last Post: 04-22-2010, 03:25 AM
By iluvkatyperry in forum Installation
Last Post: 12-07-2009, 02:21 AM
By zl4y3r in forum Hardware
Last Post: 07-04-2009, 02:55 PM
By badguy in forum Hardware
Last Post: 05-19-2009, 02:52 PM