Discuss mainboard recommendation wanted at the Hardware - Hackint0sh.org; ...
mainboard recommendation wanted
I am trying to follow Adam Pash's instruction on how to build a Hackintosh with Snow Leopard from Start to Finish (How to Build a Hackintosh with Snow Leopard, Start to Finish - Hackintosh - Lifehacker). He is using the follwing hardware:
- Antec Sonata III 500 Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
- GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard
- Intel Core 2 Quad 3.0GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor
- GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16
- Patriot Extreme Performance 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory x 2 (for a total of 8GB)
- Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
- Pioneer CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model
- 10/ 100/ 1000/ 2000Mbps PCI Copper Gigabit Network Adapter
The problem with his hardware list is that I am living in Austria (Europe) and I can't get all the components. It's impossible for me to get the mainboard (Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS5, P45), the graphic card (GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16), the dvd burner and the network adapter and since I have never built a hackintosh before I don't know which other components to use.
The dvd burner and network adapter are the least of my problems, and I think I also found a graphic card that should work (axle geforce 9800 gtx+ 512mn gddr3 2xdvi, tv-out,PCIe 2.0, Axle GeForce 9800 GTX+, 512MB GDDR3, 2x DVI, TV-out, PCIe 2.0 (AX-98GTX+/512D3P6D2HT) Preisvergleich bei Geizhals.at Österreich) but I could really need your help with the mainboard.
Oh and another thing, I don't know if anyone here is into music production but there is a program called logic and I am basically buiding this new computer so that I am able to start producing my songs with logic (my old powerbook is way too slow). So my first question is: do you think I'll be able to run logic on the hackintosh and the second is: will I need an extra sound card (and if so, which one).
Waiting for your help!
Thanks a lot
By titchyyy in forum Distributions
Last Post: 05-17-2010, 07:24 AM
By quequo2 in forum Distributions
Last Post: 05-15-2010, 07:27 PM
By schaeaef in forum Hardware
Last Post: 03-04-2009, 06:21 PM
By radicaled23 in forum General
Last Post: 02-03-2008, 10:38 PM
By bootleg in forum General
Last Post: 07-08-2007, 04:43 AM