Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293040 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 415
Discuss Hardware Combos for new users at the Hardware - Hackint0sh.org; Nice specs, go with any of those mobos, I dont know about overclock so cant ...
  1. #191
    Hackint0sh Moderator Array icchansan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Puerto Ordaz, Venezuela, Venezuela
    Posts
    6,641
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    349

    Default

    Nice specs, go with any of those mobos, I dont know about overclock so cant help you with that, try with retail, follow munkys guide, is in the installation forum, remember to report back your progress ;D
    HP Pavilion Elite m9250f
    Snow Leopard 10.6.6, Asus IPIBL-LB MOD BIOS, Intel Quad Core Q6600, 4GB RAM (800mhz), 2x500GB, nVidia 8600GT (Works), ALC888S (Works), Wireless RT73 (Works), LAN (Works) - How to Install - Blog - Hardware Combos - FAQ by TJ2K7
    Macbook Pro 13"
    iPhone 4
    Follow meh: @icchansan

    If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here


  2. #192
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    And the Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3LR is fully compatible?

  3. #193
    Hackint0sh Moderator Array icchansan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Puerto Ordaz, Venezuela, Venezuela
    Posts
    6,641
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    349

    Default

    Yeah, and theres guide here in the tutorial section, you can also google for more info about it, for retail installation check munkys guide ;D
    HP Pavilion Elite m9250f
    Snow Leopard 10.6.6, Asus IPIBL-LB MOD BIOS, Intel Quad Core Q6600, 4GB RAM (800mhz), 2x500GB, nVidia 8600GT (Works), ALC888S (Works), Wireless RT73 (Works), LAN (Works) - How to Install - Blog - Hardware Combos - FAQ by TJ2K7
    Macbook Pro 13"
    iPhone 4
    Follow meh: @icchansan

    If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here

  4. #194
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siriuxs View Post
    Hello everyone, I thought to do build a hackintosh with hardware 100% compatible... I reading on various forums and wiki now from 48 hours... I thought about a similar configuration:

    Processor: Intel C2D E8400

    Ram: 4GB DDR2 Corsair XMS2 Dominator (already in my possession ... should be good?)

    HDD: 2x250GB Western Digital WD2500KS SATA2 (already in my possession ... should be good?)

    Motherboard: Gigabyte...(Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3, GA-EP45-DS4, GA-EP35-DS4, GA-P35C-DS3R, GA-X48-DS4) Which one? I want a good mainboard for a good overclock

    Video Card: nVidia 9800GTX (What brand do you recommend? One holds the other or change anything in terms of compatibility? I do not wish to have problems ...)

    I hope to receive assistance in resolving this thread to finally have my first MAC Hack ...

    NOTE: My goal is to make a hackintosh at least as powerful iMAC 24 ", for this I would like my setup a Leopard running fast as the MAC, at least so as not to regret ... (As I have already monitor a beautiful 24 "Full HD)

    P.S. I want run an original version of Leopard...

    Thanks and excuse me for my bad english...
    Just read my config a couple of posts down, I have kinda like the things you are gonna buy and I overclocked my E8400 to 3,6ghz easy. Just raise the FSB until you reach 3,6 and be sure to have memories that can handle being raised with it, they will land at 880mhz when you raise the FSB to fit the 3,6ghz speed. I used mushkin memories that was good for overclocking and also had fast timing of 4-4-4-12.

    I did not buy them here XIA.ro - Dual Kit Memorie Mushkin 4GB XP2-6400 2x 2048MB 800 996580 but it's those memories I have, they come in a really luxurious box and they are really solid. This is the best computer I have have ever owned I checked parts for weeks. I read everything on the net about the stuff to get the best music computer and also best for gaming and the motherboard was a testwinner many times over for overclocking and also overall speed for music, games, handling video and other graphics. It was also important that the firewire on the board was from Texas instruments since alot of pro soundcards run poorly on alot of other models. But no problem, Gigabyte had Texas Instrument so it was all good.

    I ended up with the specs I wrote about in previous posts and I ran it as a pc for 1 year. It's just maybe 1 week or so ago I turned it into an hackintosh and I am loving every second of it. I run Logic with ease and everything is so smooth I just love it.

    I have posted maybe 3 post check em all out because the specs are in the first one I guess.

  5. #195
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icchansan View Post
    Here some combos for new users, you can feel free to change everything you want, but the mobo...

    You can check the HCL for better video, audio, wireless and everything you need add in the system.

    Main Page - OSx86

    The processor doesnt matter, so you can always change it too ;P

    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3, GA-P35C-DS3R, GA-X48-DS4, Asus P5Q Deluxe
    Processor: Core 2 Quad Q9550
    Video: nVidia 8800GT 512 mb
    Memory: 4GB RAM DDR2
    Hard Drive: 500GB 7200 rpm + 300 GB 10000 rpm
    Power Supply 750/1000w
    DVDRW Serial ATA

    Mother Board:Intel DG31PR
    Processor:Intel® Xeon® CPU X3220 @ 2.40GHz
    Bus frequency:1.06 GHz
    Memory: 4GB RAM DDR2
    Video:Nvidia 8800GT 512 Mb
    Hard Drive: WD 500 GB 7200rpm + 500 GB 7200rpm
    Power Supply 1000w
    DVDRW Serial ATA

    And super cheap one

    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G31M-ESL2
    Processor: Core 2 Duo E2200
    Video: Nvidia 7300 GS, 8600 GT
    Memory: 2GB RAM DDR2
    Hard Drive: 1x300GB 7200 rpm
    Power Supply 350/450w
    DVDRW Serial ATA

    New one

    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 or MSI x58 Platinum or ASUS P6T Deluxe
    Processor: Intel Core i7 920
    Video: 9800 GTX
    Hard Drive: 500GB 7200 rpm + 500 GB 7200 rpm
    Memory: 6GB RAM DDR3
    Power Supply 750/1000w
    DVDRW Serial ATA

    Hope it help
    Thank you for posting the cheapest MAC...
    Sorry for being a total noob , but which distribution would ou suggest for your setup.
    Thank you so much


    drakem


  6. #196
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icchansan View Post
    Usually we have wait until Apple use them on Mac Pro or Macbook Pro =/

    So since their MacBook Pro's have 9400M integrated video chipset, does that mean that there is support for it and no one has tried it yet, or that the current OSX86 does not support it?

    If anyone has tried a MOBO with the GeForce 9400M that works please post it in here.

  7. #197
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default What do you think? Replies would be greatly appreciated!

    MOTHERBOARD: $209.99
    EVGA 121-BL-E756-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 Micro ATX SLI Micro Intel Motherboard - Retail
    Item #: N82E16813188051

    PROCESSOR: $279.99
    Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601920
    Item #: N82E16819115202

    GRAPHICS CARD: $409.99
    EVGA 02G-P3-1185-AR GeForce GTX 285 2GB 512-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready
    Item #: N82E16814130486

    MEMORY: $134.99
    OCZ XMP Ready Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    Item #:N82E16820227388

    HARD DRIVE: $239.98 (2 X $129.99)
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" HD
    Item #:N82E16822148337

    OPTICAL DRIVE: $47.99
    PLEXTOR 24X DVD/CD Writer Black SATA Model PX-880SA LightScribe Support
    Item #:N82E16827249054

    CASE/POWER SUPPLY: $189.99 (Combo Price)
    Thermaltake LANBOX Lite VF6000BWS Black SECC Japanese steel Gaming Cube Computer Case
    Item #: N82E16811133044
    CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS
    Item #: N82E16817139005


    TOTAL: $ 1,512.91

    I know you guys will probably ask me about the graphics card, but I found a MAC version of the same graphics card on Newegg that people were using in their Mac Pro so I figured that it would probably work for this build also. What do y'all think?

  8. #198
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    New to this, but I've built numerous PCs in the past. Switched over to Mac fulltime several years ago, and need to build a video-editing rig.

    My understanding is that I can use any CD and DVD writers and any IDE harddrives. I already have these, so it will help keep my costs down.

    I have iAtkos 10.5.7, so ready to go with that, and just about to place an order for:

    - Asus P5KPL-AM SE Motherboard with Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 Processor (link)

    - Visiontek Radeon HD 3650 OC Video Card - 1GB GDDR2 (link)

    - Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (link)

    Will I be able to get everything going on this setup? The 1GB video card is pretty important to me for speedy video rendering. I read on the HCL that the AsusP5K was well supported, but found no reference to that specific P5KL-AM.

    Any help is greatly appreciated!

  9. #199
    Hackint0sh Moderator Array icchansan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Puerto Ordaz, Venezuela, Venezuela
    Posts
    6,641
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    349

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by drakem View Post
    Thank you for posting the cheapest MAC...
    Sorry for being a total noob , but which distribution would ou suggest for your setup.
    Thank you so much


    drakem
    I recommend you to try to install retail, follow munkys guide for it, if you wanna try with distro go with iPC or iAtkos v7i

    Quote Originally Posted by Eradico View Post
    So since their MacBook Pro's have 9400M integrated video chipset, does that mean that there is support for it and no one has tried it yet, or that the current OSX86 does not support it?

    If anyone has tried a MOBO with the GeForce 9400M that works please post it in here.
    Yeh 9400m should work without problem ;D

    Quote Originally Posted by r3lliklair3s View Post
    MOTHERBOARD: $209.99
    EVGA 121-BL-E756-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 Micro ATX SLI Micro Intel Motherboard - Retail
    Item #: N82E16813188051

    PROCESSOR: $279.99
    Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601920
    Item #: N82E16819115202

    GRAPHICS CARD: $409.99
    EVGA 02G-P3-1185-AR GeForce GTX 285 2GB 512-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready
    Item #: N82E16814130486

    MEMORY: $134.99
    OCZ XMP Ready Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    Item #:N82E16820227388

    HARD DRIVE: $239.98 (2 X $129.99)
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" HD
    Item #:N82E16822148337

    OPTICAL DRIVE: $47.99
    PLEXTOR 24X DVD/CD Writer Black SATA Model PX-880SA LightScribe Support
    Item #:N82E16827249054

    CASE/POWER SUPPLY: $189.99 (Combo Price)
    Thermaltake LANBOX Lite VF6000BWS Black SECC Japanese steel Gaming Cube Computer Case
    Item #: N82E16811133044
    CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS
    Item #: N82E16817139005


    TOTAL: $ 1,512.91

    I know you guys will probably ask me about the graphics card, but I found a MAC version of the same graphics card on Newegg that people were using in their Mac Pro so I figured that it would probably work for this build also. What do y'all think?
    Great combo, yeh that video card should work, check netkas site for more info about it, now to get this working with full support install retail, check munkys guide ;D

    Quote Originally Posted by haircut View Post
    New to this, but I've built numerous PCs in the past. Switched over to Mac fulltime several years ago, and need to build a video-editing rig.

    My understanding is that I can use any CD and DVD writers and any IDE harddrives. I already have these, so it will help keep my costs down.

    I have iAtkos 10.5.7, so ready to go with that, and just about to place an order for:

    - Asus P5KPL-AM SE Motherboard with Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 Processor (link)

    - Visiontek Radeon HD 3650 OC Video Card - 1GB GDDR2 (link)

    - Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (link)

    Will I be able to get everything going on this setup? The 1GB video card is pretty important to me for speedy video rendering. I read on the HCL that the AsusP5K was well supported, but found no reference to that specific P5KL-AM.

    Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Seems compatible, the mobo will need BIOS MOD, not sure about your video card tho, check the HCL I think is unsupported, and good luck

    P.S. Sowwy you guys, too much work
    HP Pavilion Elite m9250f
    Snow Leopard 10.6.6, Asus IPIBL-LB MOD BIOS, Intel Quad Core Q6600, 4GB RAM (800mhz), 2x500GB, nVidia 8600GT (Works), ALC888S (Works), Wireless RT73 (Works), LAN (Works) - How to Install - Blog - Hardware Combos - FAQ by TJ2K7
    Macbook Pro 13"
    iPhone 4
    Follow meh: @icchansan

    If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here

  10. #200
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icchansan View Post
    Great combo, yeh that video card should work, check netkas site for more info about it, now to get this working with full support install retail, check munkys guide ;D
    Thanks for the reply back. Most of the stuff I kind of got from EFI-X site that said it was compatible with their device, but I was really skeptical about that video card. It'll take me a while to build it since I have to wait to get back from IRAQ, but I will be more than happy to update y'all when it does go through.


 

 

LinkBacks (?)


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 12:10 AM
  2. MacNN: JVC intros TV/iPod combos, regular TV sets
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 07:20 PM
  3. MacNN: Microsoft outs two Wireless Desktop combos
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 07:10 AM
  4. MacNN: Apple looking at greeting/gift card combos?
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 06:20 PM
  5. Idea for a hardware unlock of 1.1.2 !! Only experienced users
    By netsrack in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 11:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:00 AM.
twitter, follow us!