Discuss Hackintosh on Sony Vaio FW? at the Hardware - Hackint0sh.org; ...
Hackintosh on Sony Vaio FW?
Im thinking about buying a Sony Vaio FW (VGN-FW290) and im trying to find out if its possible to get it running Hackingtosh without too much hassle.
Im posting the specs on the FW here.
* 2.00Ghz (T6400) - 2.93Ghz (T9800) Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor
* Available Intel® Centrino® 2 processor technology
* 1066Mhz-800MHz Front Side Bus Speed
* Up to 6MB L2 Cache
* ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD3650 or Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
* Up to 512MB dedicated video RAM (with ATI Graphics)
* Mobile Intel® PM45 or GM45 Express Chipset
* HDMI™ and VGA out
* Intel® High Definition Audio with Dolby Digital Live
so what do you think? can it be done?
GPU not supported. I don't remember for sure, but the sound probably didn't work either.
Also, wireless is a no go.
Forget the FW series.
By vipul955 in forum Tutorials
Last Post: 07-07-2013, 05:28 PM
By funkyfrank in forum Installation
Last Post: 04-08-2013, 06:53 PM
By Federico Viscioletti in forum Installation
Last Post: 01-10-2011, 04:52 PM
By stroke in forum Installation
Last Post: 12-19-2010, 04:52 PM
By Spyttt in forum Distributions
Last Post: 04-08-2009, 03:52 PM