Discuss Hackintosh HTPC Build - Advice Please at the Hardware - Hackint0sh.org; Hello
I am a first time poster and first time Hackintosh builder. I'm sort of ...
Hackintosh HTPC Build - Advice Please
I am a first time poster and first time Hackintosh builder. I'm sort of a beginner with building computer so bare with me.
Here is my current situation:
I have a file server with a couple TB's that I am using solely to hold my HD mkv's. I have that hooked up to my macbook which is running Plex and is hooked up to my TV via DVI-HDMI and sound via optical.
What I want to do is build a Hackintosh that will be a dedicated Plex/iTunes box.
My wish list:
1. Based on this Antec Fusion case (Newegg.ca - Antec Black Aluminum / Steel Fusion Remote Max ATX Media Center / HTPC Case - HTPC / Media Center Cases) or something similar to this. I just want something small and sexy that will sit on my TV stand. Therefore, I believe my mobo would need to be micro ATX. Has a hackintosh been based on a micro-ATX mobo?
2. HDMI video and audio. Would this need to be run off my video card or mobo? I would like 7.1 sound if at all possible as well.
3. Be able to use the IR apple remote. I saw this tutorial (All About BS's Photos- powered by SmugMug) and was wondering if there was an easier way rather than having to solder.
4. Be able to run 1080p files like a pro. My macbook has trouble handling any file over 8GB. Would this be due to the processor?
5. Not be too loud.
6. Wireless Capability so I can use my iPhone to control iTunes.
Has anyone here built something similar to this that can impart some advice unto me.
After looking at the case, it looks like it is ATX so that solves one problem. It seems most people are using the Gigabyte EP45-DS3L so I would likely go with that.
I think you better try with ATX, mine is micro ATX but is not the most stable system out there... ATX ftw XD
HP Pavilion Elite m9250f
Snow Leopard 10.6.6, Asus IPIBL-LB MOD BIOS, Intel Quad Core Q6600, 4GB RAM (800mhz), 2x500GB, nVidia 8600GT (Works), ALC888S (Works), Wireless RT73 (Works), LAN (Works) - How to Install
- Hardware Combos
- FAQ by TJ2K7 Macbook Pro 13" iPhone 4
Follow meh: @icchansan If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here
By travismoore in forum Hardware
Last Post: 09-22-2010, 05:06 PM
By klutzo in forum Hardware
Last Post: 06-30-2010, 05:38 AM
By dronly1u in forum Hardware
Last Post: 09-20-2009, 10:16 PM
By gefree in forum Hardware
Last Post: 01-27-2009, 06:47 AM
By bln8984 in forum Hardware
Last Post: 06-26-2008, 01:47 PM