wet iphone help
Alright so my phone got wet and stopped working while it was already dead. The warranty is already void obviously so I took it apart and dried the inside as much as I could without actually removing anything. I then closed it back up and stuck it in rice for a couple days. Yesterday I tried to turn it on and the charge symbol came on but when I plugged it in the white apple logo came up and then the screen went blank after a couple seconds. That is all my phone does now and it only does it when it is plugged in. Does this mean anything or is it fried? Can I get it repaired cheaper than buying a new one? And if it is still usable what would the problem be?
The best way is to take it apart, remove the battery, and submerge the rest in denatured alcohol and swish it around for a minute or two. Then give it 24 hours to dry, replace the battery, and plug it in.
If it doesn't work, it's probably fried. Cost you less grief to buy a new one then.