I bought an iPhone off Ebay. The seller claimed the iPhone did not hold a good charge and had been unlocked although it gets stuck at the pineapple screen.
I thought I could fix it by entering into DFU mode and just restore it from iTunes.
However, I did notice a few things:
1. The iPhone seemed to not hold a charge. Initially I had trouble resetting the iPhone since it would give me a zebra pattern and power off.
2. Rebooting with Power+Home key: The iPhone would turn off, and the screen would fade away in a zebra-pattern. I would have to press the power button again to turn it on.
So, after entering DFU mode, I proceeded to restore, but I got an error -9. The iPhone became a white screen, so I decided to reset it again. Since then, the iPhone has never come back on.
I've left it in the charger for a while, but still no signs of life. The screen just doesn't power on any more.
Here is what I've tried:
1. I've tried holding power+home to reset for about 2 minutes, and then holding the home key. Nothing.
2. I've tried holding the home key and then try to plug it in. Nothing.
There is no power any more since I tried to plug it in.
So... what can I do?
1. I'm considering switching the battery. Will this work?
I saw this solution, but will it work?