Discuss [Tutorial] How to fix No IMEI, Repair Needed , Ziphone bricks, Dead phones at the Genius Bar - HowTos, Guides and Tutorials - Hackint0sh.org; sup fellas, i have some good news. 2 days ago i tried to upgrade my ...
[Tutorial] How to fix No IMEI, Repair Needed , Ziphone bricks, Dead phones
sup fellas, i have some good news. 2 days ago i tried to upgrade my OTB 1.1.1 phone to 1.1.3, i restored and used izphone 2.4 to jailbreak, activated and unlock but something went wrong i ended with:
- no IMEI
- no CCID
- message" Repair neeeded, cant make call or something like that"
- ziphone wont jailbreak, activate.
- ziphone wont erase and repair my baseband
- ziphone will "work" scrolling and saying that cant find stuff, invalid data calibration tree and stuff.
- i coulnd use the *#307# cuz my baseband was dead and the interface was laggy.
- message" Repair needed, cant make call or something like that"
Here is what i did:
0) Put ur phone in recovery mode and run Ziphone and select the erase the baseband and BL options
1) download this file : http://rapid$hare.com/files/95112188/DFU.rar.html and extract it somewhere. <<--- replace the $ for S
2) download the 1.0.2 firmware from here http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....8_Restore.ipsw
3) Launch itunes (i used the lastest version 7.6.1) and wait until it detects your phone. (and keep it open)
4) remember i told u to extract the DFU.rar somewhere? go to that folder and run the file DFU.bat, this will put ur phone in full DFU mode. (the iphone screen should be white by now)
5)Now in itunes, shift + click the restore button and select the 1.0.2 firmware. and wait.
6) Your phone should be in the 1.0.2 firmware by now, use the *#307# trick to get to the preferences screen -->General ---> about ---> scroll down and woalaAAAa u will see the 3.0X modem firmware
"if u dont see anyfirmware STOP, and cry"
7) Now put ur phone in recovery mode and use itunes up to restore to 1.1.1.
8) Jailbreak and activate 1.1.1 dont forget to *- Set Autolock to Never -*
9) Go to installer and add i.unlock.no as a source
10) Go to System -> install bsd subsystem *- Reboot ur phone -*
11) Go to unlocking tools -> and execute "The Virginator 1.3 script"
12) wait until the script finishes
13) put the phone in recovery mode again
14) restore to 1.1.1
15) contratz ur phone is virging again and ready to be unlocked, this is what i did and it worked for me. Good luck.
All you need to do is flash 1.1.3 as that re-flashes the baseband (which resolves the IMEI and wi-fi problems) and then run ziphone. It does once in a blue moon fail. Before flashing put the phone into DFU mode by powering it off, holding the home button and keeping it held while you attach the USB cable and intil the screen displays the cable and iTunes icon screen.
Last edited by daedalia; 03-26-2008 at 08:36 AM.
steps number 5.
when i update to the 1.0.2 in itunse i see: Wait iphone.
it is only when i restore to the 1.0.2 (or later)
Can anyone confirm this method?!
i got one phone with the problem like cant make or recive call, but the problem with the phone now is it dose not power on and it is not recogenised by the system, if the phone is connected to charger it power ons but the screen is frozen nothing works,once i remove the phone from charging the phone goes off.
Yeah, I got "Waiting for iPhone" message too when I try to downgrade to 1.0.2. So far, being unable to do it. No solution found anywhere.
Originally Posted by tereshko
Here i had the same problem and this is what u do to get ur IMEI, CCID, WIFI, Bluetooth, and others back
Originally Posted by bimmerme
1. Put your phone into DFU mode
2. Restore your phone to 1.1.1
3. After restore you'll get an error and your iPhones screen will be displaying the restore logo
4. Restore your phone again to 1.1.1
5. Boot your phone using iBrickr
6. type *#307# in the call screen
7. Delete the "*#307#" and type "0"
8. Hit answer when the phone rings
9. Hit the hold option after you answer
10. Hit decline when it rings again
11. Click contacts in the phone app that opens
12. add a contact with the name test
13. add urls "prefs://1F" and "jailbreakbreakme.com" to the contact (without the quotes)
14. click on "prefs://1F"
15. go to general -> about in the settings app that open up
16. you should now see IMEI, WIFI and etc. now back
17. now go back to the settings and click wifi and connect to a network
18. click the home button and type "0" in the call screen
19. now answer the call and hit hold and then decline
20. now click on the contact "test" u made earlier but this time click on "jailbreakme.com"
21. after the page loads scroll down to install appsnap
22. after u click it you will be pushed back to the activation screen
23. wait for a few seconds and your phone will auto reboot
24. now you will have a fully jailbreaked iphone 1.1.1, but it will have the baseband of your previous firmare
25. now upgrade to the firmare you choose and unlock the way u like!
Originally Posted by speedy523
How can we get to jailbreakme.com
If we have no wifi.
And the firmware is not there so no *#307#
i think this tutorial is for people with iphone week 49 and below (only this phone can go back to 1.0.2). So if you have iphone week 50 and above...go read another thread which show some different step to unbrick an iphone. good luck
Iphone 4 32GB Black!!
Unlocked using "Unknown Method"
Text: In/Out <ok
Signal: "Depend on Provider"
Wifi: no problem
I have an iphone week 47,
Originally Posted by tinhbantotvn
Wont go to 1.0.2
By iyass in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 06-18-2008, 04:39 PM
By duduh in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 04-10-2008, 02:06 PM
By reznor9 in forum General
Last Post: 03-04-2008, 07:21 AM
By helionunes in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-09-2008, 05:00 PM
By zoro66 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 11-17-2007, 11:54 PM