ok thax buddy....i manage to jailbreak it finally. But weird, i dont need simturbo to use it as other person said...anyway...thax
Ok guys, I would just like some clarification, and for some reason, what sould otherwise be accessable, clear and concise information, seems to elude me at the moment.
I ordered an iPhone on Ebay from the States to Canada.
The phone was manufactured in the 39 th week which should deem it as a 3.9 Bootloader with 1.1.1 Firmeware OTB if I am not mistaken.
The phone was upgraded to 1.1.3 (04.03.13_G) and activated by the original owner, but had not been Jailbreaked or Unlocked. I, of course would like ot have it unlocked.
According to iPhoneinCanada.ca, I should be able to use ZiPhone to activate and jailbreak, then use AnySIM 1.3 to unlock the phone.
I opened ZiPhone, followed the instrcutions and did just that; (Re)-Activated and Jailbreaked the Phone.
So, a few questions....
1. How can I know for certain it has now been Jailbreaked and Activated properly?
2. Do I need to downgrade back to 1.1.1 before unlocking?
3. If the above questions are answered, do I simply then download the AnySim sofware and follow the instuctions?
4. I don't have my SIM Card yet, can I unlock the phone without it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
i'm unable to downgrade,restore or even upgrade my 1.1.2 otb. i have no wifi,no bluetooth no imei and error 1012 in itunes. Repair nedded, you cannot make calls. please help.
which iTunes version should i use while restoring to 1.1.1
Originally Posted by gsmkucool
Thank you for your tutorial it did it great!
1.1.4 Unlock woes
I have a version 1.1.4 with BB 04.04.05_G . Tried iLiberty and ZiPhone 3.0 all to no avail. Can someone give me some ideas I haven't tried yet?:confused: :( :mad:
i have 1.1.1 and i have used i for 5 months. i tried to upgrade to 1.1.2 and it got now i am stuck with incorrect sim when i upgraded to 1.1.2 now i cannot use my phone again... any help please?
You should upgrade to 1.1.4, the recent firmware. To do so, first get the firmware file, download it to your Mac/PC.
Originally Posted by yomi05
Download link here: http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22056
Download iLiberty (for Mac or Windows) then here: http://theiphoneproject.org/index.ph...c=select&id=14
Put your iPhone in DFU mode
1. hold power + home
2. in a few sec, red slider appears, continue holding til phone reboot
3. count to 6
4. let go power
5. keep holding home until itunes detect it or if you hear a connection tone (like plugging in a usb device on Windows), let go of home.
Screen should be black all the time beginning at step 3
If itunes say it need to check for "... version on the server..", let it check, after that you will see the restore button. shift-click restore (Option-click on Mac) and select the 1.1.4 FW you downloaded in step 1.
At the end it will be restored to 1.1.4 locked.
To Jailbraek, Activate, Ulock you now use iLiberty.
There are 2 excellent tutorials how to use iLiberty for Mac or PC, pick the one that meets your needs and jailbreak, activate, unlock your iPhone with firmware 1.1.4
cause your iPhone used to be on firmware 1.1.1 when you got it, it came with bootloader 3.9. So in iLiberty check all boxes exept "Unlock with 3.9FB" (Mac), "Downgrade Bootloader from 4.6..." (Windows). This operation is not necessary cause you have bootloader 3.9, its only for newer bootloader 4.6.
enjoy your free iPhone
i crashed my phone :s
I bought my Iphone 1.0.2 last October .. it was unlocked/jailbreak and ready to use with my sim .. since then I didnít update it or play with these things coz I was afraid to break it .. anyway few weeks ago I did update installer and it didnít work well after the update .. so today I decided to upgrade my Iphone to 1.1.4 firmware .. I used ZiPhone to download 1.1.4 file and then update through iTunes .. obviously it didnít work then I tried 1.1.1 .. the update went fine but when I reached the step of activating the phone everything crashed .. I wasnít following these steps I thought it will automatically update and thatís it :confused:
Now my phone stuck I donít know how to deal with it .. whenever I open it; it brings up words and numbers in a black screen (reminds me with dos!!) it shows the same screen forever !! I canít stop it only by pressing the power button and home button for a while .. what shall I do ??
PLZ HELP !
Wow, almost everything went wrong here. You should have been reading here before getting into action. There are some things to keep in mind and some questions you have to answer before we can help you.
Originally Posted by CuTe~2
1. Your iPhone was at 1.0.2 and probably unlocked with AnySIM 1.0.2, can you confirm?
2. If so, before upgrading to any newer firmware you would have to virginize it to fix the corrupted seczone. There are many threads here in the forum.
3. You updated the Installer on the iPhone. The new one does not work with 1.0.2, that could have been fixed but you continued...
4. You used ZiPhone. The forum is full of users having a brick after using ZiPhone, we have stickies, everything.
5. You tried to restore the firmware to 1.1.4, that did not work, can you confirm that? 6. You restored to 1.1.1 then in iTunes, is that correct?
7. Did you try ZiPhone on 1.1.1 to activate?
8. Most important: What are the "words on the black screen" saying?
9. last not least, are you an a Mac or Windows PC?
Sorry, lots of questions but we need the information.