[Guide] Disabling iOS 4 Multitasking
One of the most looked forward to updates with iOS4 is the multitasking feature. Along with this came many issues, such as too many programs running at once, causing extremely low memory making your iDevice slower, and draining the battery much faster. This guide will tell you how to disable multitasking on any iDevice that came with no capability to turn that feature off.
1. Download iFile from Cydia
2. Open iFile and navigate to the folder
3. Look for a file called N##AP.plist. The ## will be 2 numbers, depending on your iDevice. Mine for a 3rd gen ipT it is N72AP.plist
4. Open this file and edit it
5. Go to the <dict>Capabilities
6. Add this after that line:
7. Respring to have multitasking disabled and it will work exactly like the 3.x firmware
8. If you would like to turn it back on, simply delete the 2 lines you added and respring.
NOTE: You might have 2 or more files that look like N##AP.plist. Use the file that contains your iDevice name in it. Look through the file and there should he a line in it that contains the name of the iDevice. Look through ALL the files to find the name that BEST describes your iDevice.