Discuss [1.1.2][Solution] Downgrade to 1.1.1 using Windows at the Genius Bar - HowTos, Guides and Tutorials - Hackint0sh.org; FOR EVERYONE TRYING TO DOWNGRADE TO 1.1.1 FROM 1.1.2 USING WINDOWS:
1. Put your iPhone ...
[1.1.2][Solution] Downgrade to 1.1.1 using Windows
FOR EVERYONE TRYING TO DOWNGRADE TO 1.1.1 FROM 1.1.2 USING WINDOWS:
1. Put your iPhone into DFU mode (With iTunes still open and the iPhone still connected, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button until the screen turns black. Once it does, let go of the Sleep/Wake button. Continue to hold the Home button until iTunes displays a popup about the iPhone being in recovery mode. Click OK.)
2. In iTunes hold the shift key and click on ‘Restore’
3. Select the 1.1.1 firmware file and hit ‘OK’ (Download it here: http://www.hacktheiphone.com/112/iph...re_update.html)
4. After about 4 minutes you will get an error (That’s OK)
5. Close iTunes
6. Download iPhuc (Download it here: http://www.webparinc.com/temp/files/iphuc_windows.zip)
7. Launch the iphuc.exe and type each of these commands on their own line and hit enter for each:
cmd setenv auto-boot true
8. Wait a few seconds and your iPhone should be out of DFU mode and at the activation screen.
***If you have an AT&T activated sim card then goto to step 9a. If not then goto step 9b***
9a. Connect to iTunes and let your iPhone activate. If your AT&T service does not work that is ok
10a. Now add your WiFi network
11a. Launch Safari and type jailbreakme.com
12a. Now go straight to step 22
***Continue if you do not have an AT&T activated sim card***
9b. Slide to reach the emergency dial screen
10b. Enter *#307# and then press call
11b. Your phone will ring itself, press answer
12b. Press hold now and your phone will start ringing again
13b. Press Dismiss and your phone will go into the contacts/dial screen
14b. Press contacts from the bottom bar and add a contact
15b. Add a contact with a random name and homepage of: prefs://1f
16b. Save it and click on the link. This will take you straight into the settings menu of the iPhone
17b. Select 'General' and then select 'Auto-lock' and hit 'Never'
18b. Now go back and add your WiFi network
19b. Hit the home button and you will now be taken back to the emergency dial screen
20b. Hit 0 then call then press answer and then press hold and then press decline and hit contacts and add another contact with a random name and a homepage of: jailbreakme.com
21b. Save it and click on the link. This will launch safari and take you to the appsnapp install page. Continue to step 22
22. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on 'Install appsnapp'
23. After it installs you should have a jailbroken and activated phone with the installer.app
24. Launch installer and install 'BSD Subsystem' and then select the sources button at the bottom of the screen
25. Click on 'Edit' and then click on 'Add'
26. Type 'http://i.unlock.no' the sources will refresh
27. Select the install button at the bottom of the screen and scroll down where it says 'Unlocking Tools'
28. Now install 'Baseband Downgrader' to downgrade your 1.1.2 (04.02.13_G) to 1.0.2 (03.14.08_G) baseband
29. After it installs you have to re-flash the firmware for the changes to take affect. Repeat steps 1-5 above and then after that proceed to step 30
30. So now you should have an iPhone that you downgraded to 1.1.1 from 1.1.2 and then installed appsnapp, installer, BSD Subsystem, Baseband Downgrader and then re-flashed the firmware again to 1.1.1 and are now back to the activation screen
***If you have an AT&T activated sim card then goto to step 30a. If not then goto step 30b***
30a. iTunes should now activate your iPhone and your AT&T should now work
31a. Launch Safari and type jailbreakme.com and install appsnapp again. That's it!
***Continue if you do not have an AT&T activated sim card***
30b. Repeat steps 9b-27 and then proceed to 31b
31b. Select and install anySIM and follow the instructions
32b. Restart your iPhone and that's it!
-This is for those that want to downgrade there iPhone and baseband back to 1.1.1
-This will not work with brand new out of the box iPhones that already come with firmware version 1.1.2
-Sorry if the guide is a little confusing and jumps around a bit, just follow the steps!
-If you restart for iPhone with 1.1.1 and have not yet downgraded your baseband then you iPhone will restart back into DFU mode
Please post comments if you have any questions
Last edited by chadpriddle; 01-18-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Reason: Revised Baseband Downgrader
Some have used iBrickr to get the iPhone out of DFU mode but using phuc.exe is just as easy and is more reliable
please confirm if this is working for anyone or if i need to revise something. thanks!
You stated at the end of your guide that this guide won't work with NIB iphones with firmware 1.1.2? Is there a way to unlock it? I have a modem version 4.02.13...
I believe the only way to do that currently is through Turbosim.
Originally Posted by rocky99
Great Music player but can only hold 1000 songs
Need an iPhone that can hold my >100,000 songs
I'm still dreaming.
Guess the wait continues...
question relate to iWorld
I have upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 and then to 1.1.2, after unlock I have to install iWorld in order to use the SMS and Phone. Now I want to downgrade to 1.1.1. Does this method undo the iWorld?
The Reason I want to downgrade to 1.1.1 because my iPhone won't recognize that the phone number with the country code and without the country code are the same for example: +855 12 123456 iPhone know that it's different from 0 12 123456
but actually these number are same, I don' have this problem in 1.0.2. I think it's because of iWorld. Can any one give some suggestion?
when i downloaded iPHUC and extract it and i can't open it. It's just a file when i press double click on asks me to open with so how can i run it to wirte the commands ??
i have the same problem, there is no exe file in the folder.. If you convert it into an exe file, it still doesnt work.. Does anyone have a solution for this?
By T035 in forum iPod Touch 1G
Last Post: 11-02-2011, 03:30 AM
By korabika2007 in forum iPhone 3GS
Last Post: 09-09-2010, 04:13 PM
By geircito in forum iPhone Developer Exchange
Last Post: 07-14-2008, 12:07 PM
By chrisfromohio in forum iPhone Developer Exchange
Last Post: 07-12-2008, 03:14 AM