Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 90
Discuss [1.1.2 OTB] UNLOCK 1.1.2 Out Of The Box MADE EASY (For Newbies) at the Genius Bar - HowTos, Guides and Tutorials - Hackint0sh.org; will this guide also work for 1.1.3OTB??...
  1. #11
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    will this guide also work for 1.1.3OTB??


  2. #12
    019
    019 is offline
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    couple things i'd like to point out:

    1. why do you need to type jailbreak.unlockthatiphone.com and not jailbreakme.com directly in the contact URL? why even bother naming the contact? i've had no issues typing in jailbreakme.com

    2. need to install BSD subsystem before installing 1.1.2-1.1.3 OTB G-Unlock.

    just to clear things up in case anyone is having trouble.

  3. #13
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    76
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 019 View Post
    couple things i'd like to point out:

    1. why do you need to type jailbreak.unlockthatiphone.com and not jailbreakme.com directly in the contact URL? why even bother naming the contact? i've had no issues typing in jailbreakme.com

    2. need to install BSD subsystem before installing 1.1.2-1.1.3 OTB G-Unlock.

    just to clear things up in case anyone is having trouble.
    I completely agree with the first remark. The two url's are prefs: and jailbreakme.com
    For the second remark, I don't think you really need to install BSD subsystem.

  4. #14
    019
    019 is offline
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venster View Post
    I completely agree with the first remark. The two url's are prefs: and jailbreakme.com
    For the second remark, I don't think you really need to install BSD subsystem.
    oh yea, forgot about the prefs: URL.

    i just unlocked another 1.1.2 OTB and when i tried installing the unlocker, it said i needed to install BSD. installed, then everything was fine. maybe i forgot a step, haha.

  5. #15
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi, I am getting a little confused with the different jailbreak/unlock versions coming out lately.

    This tutorial is for 4.6BL phones, right?

    Do you know, is there a 3.9 BL activation & unlock around, that will survive an update to 1.1.3? Can the Geo method posted recently do that? I can live without the jailbreak, but I need the phone to be activated and unlocked without a legit sim card.

    Cheers,

    HJK


  6. #16
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    139
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    "-Close ITUNES on your PC or MAC

    -download and unzip 1.1.2 Jailbreak from here http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/1.1.2-jailbreak.zip

    -In the Folder you will find the file jailbreak.jar Open it and press on JAILBREAK!
    (IF JAILBREAK.JAR DOESNT OPEN UPDATE YOUR JAVA HERE

    This will take some time and at the end you will get a message that says "Your Phone will reboot a couple of times ...... "

    Let your phone REBOOT a couple of time... And you will get back to the SLIDE to UNLOCK page"



    starting from the steps that you say to close itunes, do you still leave the iphone connected via the cable and then open up internet explorer or firefox or whichever browser you use then download the files using your computer right? then just run the application and that should activate the iphone because the usb cable is still connected?!?!?!?!

    i dont quite understand that step, would you elaborate more please!

  7. #17
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    76
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 019 View Post
    oh yea, forgot about the prefs: URL.

    i just unlocked another 1.1.2 OTB and when i tried installing the unlocker, it said i needed to install BSD. installed, then everything was fine. maybe i forgot a step, haha.
    If you need the BSD for the unlocking, i agree.

    Furthermore, it is not necessary to give a general name "like testing" to the URL's in step 3.

    you can simply skip the : Add the Name "Testing" and tap save


    For the rest: in step two there is an instruction:

    -Next if you are using Windows Open Ibrickr and chose the Option "Reboot my Iphone" to kick your Iphone out of the Recovery Mode

    [(Don't forget to extract the iBrickr.rar files ontop a desktop folder)-edited by Number]

    Well, to kick out your iphone out of recovery mode you can also use the program which you downloaded also, and which is needed to jailbreak the 1.1.2:

    1.1.2 Jailbreak from here http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/1.1.2-jailbreak.zip

    In windows you start the windows.bat, for a Mac the jailbreak.jar file. But then you press simply the reboot from recovery button. Is has exactly the same functionality as working with the iBrickr files for kicking the phone out of recovery mode.

    Then raffi007 could slightly adapt his tutorial, so it becomes even more easy for dummies like me en thousands of others.


    All together you can avoid some steps, when the proposed procedure (which was already very good) is slightly adapted.

    This means that you even don't need iBrickr at all in this procedure.

    Do you agree 019?

  8. #18
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Can anybody confirm that we should NOT upgrade to 1.1.3 if we are using an SW unlocked 1.1.2 OTB with iWorld installed? I live in Argentina and must use iWorld in order to function normally. Should I wait to upgrade it?

  9. #19
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi Thanks for a great tutorial. I have done all the steps and i can use my other operator. However, when i try to dial or send a SMS the phone just returns to the main menu. How do i fix it so that i can dial?

    Should mention that if i make a new contact and tap on the phone number in the contact it calls the person. But as soon as i try to type the number manually i goes back to the main menu.

    Also tried to send and sent an SMS to the iphone. when i open sms it just returns to the main menu.

    Thanks for all the help!
    Last edited by Tokkille; 02-12-2008 at 12:55 AM. Reason: more questions

  10. #20
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokkille View Post
    Hi Thanks for a great tutorial. I have done all the steps and i can use my other operator. However, when i try to dial or send a SMS the phone just returns to the main menu. How do i fix it so that i can dial?

    Should mention that if i make a new contact and tap on the phone number in the contact it calls the person. But as soon as i try to type the number manually i goes back to the main menu.

    Also tried to send and sent an SMS to the iphone. when i open sms it just returns to the main menu.

    Thanks for all the help!
    Install and run iWorld. cheers


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. [1.1.2 OTB] Downgrade/Activate/Jailbreak MADE EASY (For Newbies)
    By raffi007 in forum Genius Bar - HowTos, Guides and Tutorials
    Replies: 465
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 08:11 PM
  2. [1.1.2 OTB] HW unlock guide for OS X made easy!
    By njkim in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 05:53 AM
  3. [1.1.2 OTB] Downgrade/Activate/Jailbreak MADE EASY (For Newbies)
    By raffi007 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 01:40 PM
  4. 1.11 Activation & Unlock made easy on Windows
    By woomwireless in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 256
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 02:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:58 AM.
twitter, follow us!