Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 21313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 553
Discuss [1.1.2 OTB UK][Tutorial] Jailbreak & Bypass Activation at the Genius Bar - HowTos, Guides and Tutorials - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by AmiableAlien Thanks Trunkz for the excellent instructions. Though being a total noob ...
  1. #401
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    309
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiableAlien View Post
    Thanks Trunkz for the excellent instructions. Though being a total noob I was able to jailbreak my 1.1.2 oob bought from US very easily. I am using it right now on my Pre Paid AT & T card. Thanks a bunch

    I want to jailbreak another 1.1.2 (bought from US) and ship it to my cousin in UK, who wants to use it with O2 but without signing up for any contracts. I understand that this method will definitely work with O2 in UK if the phone is bought from UK, but will this also work for (1.1.2) phones bought in US? If not, is there another method to jailbreak a US 1.1.2 phone that will work with O2 in UK.

    I tried to search and found another post in the thread but did not get the answer completely. Please be gentle, this is my first post and I DID search both on this forum and on Google.
    no, thats wrong
    a US 1.1.2 phone will only work with AT&T
    for your cousin, theyll need to get a UK iphone and follow this method. then they can use any o2 sim

    Phil, problem is now resolved, when 02 put the Data Bolt On on my account they messed it up!

    They have re enabled data on my account and its now functioning. Thanks for your help.
    typical, well glad youve sorted it
    Phil | MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Leopard | iPhone 8GB


  2. #402
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pgilder View Post
    edge will work on the server side
    but you may need to change a few settings
    do this:
    jailbreak iphone
    install open SSH
    open an SSH client (transmit on mac, dunno about windows)
    navigate to / > System > Library > Frameworks > CoreTelephony.framework > Support
    open the o2_UK.plist

    find the area with the APN title
    set APN to "mobile.o2.co.uk", username to "faster" and password to "web"
    urn off phone and remove sim
    turn on again, then off
    put sim back in, then turn on
    then reset phone settings

    worked fine for me...
    thanks a lot, again you have helped me !!!!

    done it too my friends iphone and it worked great, he wanted to kill me when i unlocked it and then suddenly his edge didnt work lol

    thanks, hopefully fingers crossed it will all go well on xmas day when i get my iphone

  3. #403
    Rookie Array controversialfigure's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Great work

    Just wanted to say great job with the guide. It worked first time with my iPhone.

    Thanks again

  4. #404
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pgilder View Post
    no, thats wrong
    a US 1.1.2 phone will only work with AT&T
    for your cousin, theyll need to get a UK iphone and follow this method. then they can use any o2 sim
    Thanks pguilder for clarifying the doubt.

    I already bought another phone and jailbreak it yesterday (after my worked flawlessly) assuming it will work with UK O2 (the impatient me ). Am I doomed and have to wait till the unlocking solution comes out, or is there any other way around (like viginizing it again, sending it to UK and then trying this again) or any other way?

    How does Apple do impose this country restriction, based on the different IMEI in different country?

  5. #405
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    309
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiableAlien View Post
    Thanks pguilder for clarifying the doubt.

    I already bought another phone and jailbreak it yesterday (after my worked flawlessly) assuming it will work with UK O2 (the impatient me ). Am I doomed and have to wait till the unlocking solution comes out, or is there any other way around (like viginizing it again, sending it to UK and then trying this again) or any other way?

    How does Apple do impose this country restriction, based on the different IMEI in different country?
    shame, there wont be a software unlock for a while
    you could get a stealthsim or turbosim, about $70 i think, although im not sure
    apple, and other phone manufactures lock phones to certain sim cards
    each country, and then each phone company has a unique code on each sim card
    unlocking iphones tells the iphone to allow any sim in it
    you could revirginise and take back to apple, although youve opened it.
    Phil | MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Leopard | iPhone 8GB


  6. #406
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi guys, i have a 1.1.2OTB iphone. Followed the guide but after the 1.1.1 downgrade, the phone still shows the itune+cable icon no matter. there is no slide to unlock. what did i do wrong? appreciate some advise.

  7. #407
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    309
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wpho View Post
    Hi guys, i have a 1.1.2OTB iphone. Followed the guide but after the 1.1.1 downgrade, the phone still shows the itune+cable icon no matter. there is no slide to unlock. what did i do wrong? appreciate some advise.
    did you use independence to kick it out of restore mode?
    Phil | MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Leopard | iPhone 8GB

  8. #408
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Smile

    Thanks for the response. Right after I posted that query I read from other post that I need to 'boot' out of that recovery mode. And since I am a Win PC user I used iBrickr. It worked and I now have an activated iPhone. Next waiting for the fix to use the phone feature ^^.

  9. #409
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I've just got my iphone and i help down the power button and home button for ten seconds then let go of the power button. When i did it, the screen went off and now the iphone doesnt respond. I plugged it into my mum's pc which i later found out only has usb 1.0 and i thought that was the reason why itunes wasnt showing the iphone was connected. I then plugged it into the wall to charge it and nothing happens still, is that normal?

  10. #410
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    309
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by streetUK View Post
    I've just got my iphone and i help down the power button and home button for ten seconds then let go of the power button. When i did it, the screen went off and now the iphone doesnt respond. I plugged it into my mum's pc which i later found out only has usb 1.0 and i thought that was the reason why itunes wasnt showing the iphone was connected. I then plugged it into the wall to charge it and nothing happens still, is that normal?
    was it connected to your computer? if not, you should have just reset it, so it should turn on...
    Phil | MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Leopard | iPhone 8GB


 

 

LinkBacks (?)


Similar Threads

  1. bypass activation on 2.0
    By fiend_ish in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 03:25 AM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 08:30 PM
  3. [1.1.2 OTB] Bypass Activation?
    By josun45 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 04:45 AM
  4. Jailbreak & bypass activation without using AT&T Sim
    By bjlm in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 01:15 AM
  5. Bypass Activation with 1.1.1.
    By Ja Pierdole in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-20-2007, 04:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:31 AM.
twitter, follow us!