Lion on Vostro v130
This is how I've installed Lion (from Apple store)
- I have followed OverhackIT's tutorial Hackintosh (10.7) » OverhackIT
- Removed AppleIntelHDGraphics* from /System/Library/Extensions, not just from the final image but from the installer, too.
- To boot up the system I've used Chameleon with Lion patches InsanelyMac Forum > Chameleon v2.0 RC5 (Main Trunk) (not from this link but the same)
- Removed IO80211Family.kext and used 64bit-ready AR9285 patched version.
- Used USB keyboard and mouse
- Then hunted down a 64bit VoodooPS2 kext for the built-in touchpad and keyboard
- For audio: VoodooHDA 64bit version, in Info.plist set
Issues: still in 1024x768 as AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext gives me wrong resolution/bit depth... I can barely see the screen contents when the kext is in place, maybe others will know what the problem is. ... even on screenshots/remote desktop/external monitor
What card does your computer have?
Intel HD Graphics by the nice printed papers, lspci says:
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 18)
lshw -C video says:
description: VGA compatible controller
product: Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller
vendor: Intel Corporation
physical id: 2
bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
width: 64 bits
capabilities: msi pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
resources: irq:46 memory:fe000000-fe3fffff memory:c0000000-cfffffff ioport:f080(size=8)
Mac OS X sysprof says:
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0046
Revision ID: 0x0018
Ah yes. Review sites says GMA 4500MHD but I can't really check.