Help With Hackint0sh Please! :)
My name is Naveen and I am a new member to the Hackint0sh forums who joined just yesterday. I had a few quick questions to ask, however I donít really know anyone from here and didn't know which forum to post them on, so if this thread isn't in the correct forum, sorry about that. I am not a 100% new to hacking Apple, as I am a very active member of the iFans forums (if you have ever heard of them) and an iDevice jailbreaker, however I am very new to dual booting computers with different operating systems as I have never done that before. I am not fully knowledgeable on coding, however I am somewhat knowledgeable in the basics of HTML and ObjectiveC. I do not own a Mac, but I would love to run Mac OSX as a dual booting partition on my computer, which is currently running Windows 7 Home Premium. Currently, I am running Mac OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard Retail and Mac OSX 10.7 Lion Retail as virtual machines in VMWare Workstation 7 (I even wrote a tutorial on this on iFans). I mostly use them to experiment with Xcode and run certain iDevice jailbreaks that may only be available for the Mac platform, however my computer only has 4GB of RAM, which may seem like a pretty good amount, of which 2GB are allotted to the virtual machines, but they can get really slow at times and are a pain in the ass. This is one main reason why Iíd like to install Hackint0sh on my computer, so I could boot from Mac OSX and use my computerís full capabilities with it, and plus, itís just plain cool.
And now for my questions: (BTW, my computer is an HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC Ė Intel Core i3)
1. Is there currently a working method of dual booting Windows 7 and Mac OSX 10.7 Lion?
2. If so, is the method very buggy and do all of the drivers work, such as for full screen resolution, sound output, mic input, webcam input, wireless mouse and other USB devices, etc.? And could you please refer me to and / or write up an easy to follow tutorial for me that does not involve me having to erase my Windows 7 partition?
3. Is it possible to access the files on my Windows 7 hard drive partition from the Mac OSX 10.7 Lion partition while Iím in it? Because what I was thinking of doing was installing the Mac OSX on a partition of about 15 GB for the use of the OS, any installed programs, and some extra space just in case, and then if there was a movie that I wanted to watch, for example, or a file that I wanted to view, but it was on my Windows 7 partition, I could access it from my Mac side and view it. Iíd also like to store everything I create in the Mac OSX partition, such as a movie made through iMovie, on my Windows 7 partition, since that would be my main partition. Is this possible?
4. And just so you are aware of this, I have both the Mac OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard Retail and the Mac OSX 10.7 Lion Retail .dmg installer files that I was able to get from my cousin who has a Mac and snagged them when he was upgrading his computer, so those are not a problem at all. And I am a 100% sure that my computer is compatible with dual booting, but if youíd like to know any more specs about it, just ask.
5. Also, is there any possible way or chance of breaking my computer through installing this dual boot? If so, what are the precautions that I could take to prevent any damage to it? And what is the percent chance that something could get messed up?
Well, for now these are my questions regarding dual booting Windows 7 Home Premium and Mac OSX 10.7 Lion on my computer. Thanks so much in advance for your help!! And sorry for the really long explanation!