Discuss Cannot Install ATI Radeon HD4350 on OS X Lion at the General - Lion 10.7.x - Hackint0sh.org; Recently My Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD4350 had gone for replacement (therefore I never had ...
Cannot Install ATI Radeon HD4350 on OS X Lion
Recently My Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD4350 had gone for replacement (therefore I never had any chance to test it with Snow Leopard) and in the meantime I went ahead and installed OS X Lion using the onboard graphics. After getting my Graphics card I installed it and then started my system. OS X Lion booted up all fine but the drivers were missing.
So far these are the tutorials that I have followed in order to get the card working or trying to install the drivers.
Method 1: ANARCHiNTOSH's Method (InsanelyMac)
[HOW TO] ATI HD 4350 - InsanelyMac Forum
Method 2: Talal's Method (Hackintosh)
Method 3: Baraka's Method (Tonymacx86)
tonymacx86 Forum • View topic - Is my Hardware compatible for Lion?
But nothing has worked so far. I tried using the VGA cable and tried installation procedure but failed. Started fresh again and even tried using the DVI cable but again failed.
1. I get a BLANK GREY SCREEN if I follow Method 2 and Method 3 (Using the VGA Cable)
2. After installing I start in verbose mode and then get a completely BLACK BLANK SCREEN (it also says 'No Input' on monitor) (Using the DVI cable)
I start the system in verbose mode each time to see what might be going on. Regardless of any method I follow I get these 3 lines in the verbose mode which I think may be causing the concern.
Kext com.apple.kext ATI4600Controller might not load - Kextd is currently unavailable
ATY_Init: Card 0x954f was posted
ATY_Init: quiting for card 0x954f
Could someone please try to help me out with this....
HURRAY..... F#CK YEAH
I have the graphics card installed..... finally after so many hit and trial methods. I am writing down the procedure that worked for me:
TRIED Baraka's Method (METHOD 3) but with minor modifications
1. Opened the EVOenabler and ATY_init folder, Open Applications folder in a seperate window. SELECTED ONLY 'ATY_init.kext' folder Instead of both 'ATY_Init.kext' and 'EVOenabler.kext' and dragged it over to 'Kext Utility' found in the Applications folder in order to install it automatically with permissions also being repaired automatically.
NOTE: I was getting a BLANK GREY SCREEN if I installed both the kexts (ATY_Init and EVOenabler) hence, only installed ATY_Init.
2. Opened ATI4350 folder and copy pasted 'ATI4350.Fix.v2.kext' file to Extra/Extensions folder.
3. Opened Controllers folder and selected all the files from Controllers foler and dragged them over to 'Kext Utility' in order to install them automatically with permissions also being repaired automatically.
4. Opened 'Kext utility' again by double clicking it, typed password and let it repair the permissions automatically AGAIN to be safe.
Restarted in verbose mode and VIOLA the Card was recognized and fully working with Quartz support. YES YES YES..... F#CK YEAH
in the baraka's method, it's says that :
"4. Open Up Kext Helper b7 and Open the Controllers Folder and drag all the controller kexts into Kext Helper b7 type password and install."
where i can get the Controller Folder? Are it works only in LION or SL?
By Extraspeed in forum General - Lion 10.7.x
Last Post: 09-16-2011, 04:06 PM
By mkariotis in forum General - Lion 10.7.x
Last Post: 09-12-2011, 01:00 PM
By chronologie in forum Kernel / Kext (Driver) Support
Last Post: 09-09-2011, 01:41 PM
By 2Charlie in forum General - Lion 10.7.x
Last Post: 08-03-2011, 05:31 AM
By IeU in forum Genuine Mac Support
Last Post: 07-21-2011, 03:08 AM