Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34
Discuss [Wifi] "Could not activate EDGE" Safari can't open the page" at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Anybody know if the WiFi is compatible with 64bit or only 128bit? At home I ...
  1. #21
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    90
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Anybody know if the WiFi is compatible with 64bit or only 128bit?
    At home I have my Wireless Router set to 64bit key encryption (I cannot memorize the 128!)... iPhone shows that it's connected, has the DNS ips all that but safari internet won't work and I get the EDGE error thing.

    At work i use 128bit and it works perfect...using ASCII/Hex password.

    I'm thinking the 64bit is not compatible... or could it be something else on my router? I have tried entering the hex key using both the password and changing to ascii as explained in previous post, no luck.


  2. #22
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by charliekowalchuk View Post
    I know the answer, and I've been trying to post for days now, finally let me.

    If you have having an error telling you that it could not activate through EDGE, and your iPhone SAYS its connected to wi-fi, and you gave your router WEP hex-key to the iPhone, for some reason or another, the iPhone is not actually connected. it prompted you for a password, and you gave it a hex key.


    What you need to do is set the hex-key not the password for your wifi. To do this, go to -->Settings-->Wi-Fi-->touch the blue arrow key of network your connected to-->this will bring you to the settings of your network-->tap "forget this network" (this will allow you to be promted for the password/hex-key again)-->confirm "forget..."-->go back to Wi-Fi networks-->tap your wi-fi network you wish to connect to-->in the security box, tap the blue arrow (this will bring you to the setting for WEP password or WEP hex or ASCII)-->touch WEP hex or ASCII-->tap back to password-->finally tap in your WEP passkey.

    You can confirm that you are really connected via wi-fi because the iPhone will report a router and a DNS number. if it does not, You are not really connected to wi-fi, even though the iPhone wi-fi symbol will be showing at the top.
    I didn't find where to change the passkey from ASCII to HEX.
    Firmware 1.0.2

    Thanks

  3. #23
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Is anyone having straight up EDGE problems? I just got my iPhone this weekend. I activated it using a different SIM. Everything works fine (phone, sms, wifi) _EXCEPT_ EDGE. I keep getting the "could not activate edge" error... ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

    -S

  4. #24
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by techloop View Post
    I didn't find where to change the passkey from ASCII to HEX.
    Firmware 1.0.2

    Thanks
    Me either, same firmware, i'm independence activated and unlocked... works on WPA networks fine, but on wep it looks like it connected but comes up with autoIP (169.254.x.x) IP.... all i see when connecting is a prompt for password, no where to go to change ASCII vs. HEX etc.

    any help much appreciated.

    Thanks,
    -g

  5. #25
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redux View Post
    Is anyone having straight up EDGE problems? I just got my iPhone this weekend. I activated it using a different SIM. Everything works fine (phone, sms, wifi) _EXCEPT_ EDGE. I keep getting the "could not activate edge" error... ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

    -S
    Assuming that you're not using an ATT pay-as-you-go or other ATT SIM. In this case, you need to change your EDGE settings to match your carrier. There should be an EDGE menu now on the Settings-General-Network screen now along with Wi-Fi and VPN.

    Good luck,
    Jaz


  6. #26
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    tap your wi-fi network you wish to connect to-->in the security box, tap the blue arrow (this will bring you to the setting for WEP password or WEP hex or ASCII)-->touch WEP hex or ASCII-->tap back to password-->finally tap in your WEP passkey



    At the part "tap your wi-fi network you wish to connect to-->in the security box, tap the blue arrow " I don't see any blue arrows (at the place where I can tap my Password in) .... Please help me

  7. #27
    kbw
    kbw is offline
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I don't have the Edge settings box so I don't know what to do to input my carriers apn (TIM Italy). Any suggestions??? Everything else works great!

  8. #28
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ok #1 - if you can't see your edge settings, its because you have WiFi enabled. turn off wi-fi and go back to your settings - > network and it should be there.


    #2 - if you are a AT&T customer and you have EDGE problems (can't connect) but your on a unlimited plan, and you already tried to "reset network settings" and that failed. you can download iTOGGLE or BOSSPREFS, etc,etc and you need to go in and Disable wi-fi. and disable edge. (inside the pres program - itoggle)

    once you disable both, restart your phone. ok. phone restarts, open safari. with no edge, no wifi it should fail.. next, reopen your iToggle, and enable edge. go back into safari and hit re-fresh on the page and it should reload and work. ( you may have to wait to reestablish service since you just re-enabled edge).

    this worked for me.

  9. #29
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliekowalchuk View Post
    I know the answer, and I've been trying to post for days now, finally let me.

    If you have having an error telling you that it could not activate through EDGE, and your iPhone SAYS its connected to wi-fi, and you gave your router WEP hex-key to the iPhone, for some reason or another, the iPhone is not actually connected. it prompted you for a password, and you gave it a hex key.


    What you need to do is set the hex-key not the password for your wifi. To do this, go to -->Settings-->Wi-Fi-->touch the blue arrow key of network your connected to-->this will bring you to the settings of your network-->tap "forget this network" (this will allow you to be promted for the password/hex-key again)-->confirm "forget..."-->go back to Wi-Fi networks-->tap your wi-fi network you wish to connect to-->in the security box, tap the blue arrow (this will bring you to the setting for WEP password or WEP hex or ASCII)-->touch WEP hex or ASCII-->tap back to password-->finally tap in your WEP passkey.

    You can confirm that you are really connected via wi-fi because the iPhone will report a router and a DNS number. if it does not, You are not really connected to wi-fi, even though the iPhone wi-fi symbol will be showing at the top.
    what is the wep passkey when i connect to public wi-fi?

  10. #30
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    if it ask you for passkey then it is not for public use.
    your iphone picks up the signal but that does not mean it's for public use.


 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. AppleInsider: Apple posts iPad iOS 4.2 "Coming Soon" page
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 05:00 AM
  2. No Edge AT&T say's activate "properly";)
    By julieday in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 02:47 PM
  3. [1.1.3][Edge] "Could not Activate EDGE" Error
    By lemonice in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2008, 09:54 PM
  4. "Safari can't load page because it can't find the server"
    By BrianS in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 03:15 AM
  5. "Unlock.app" can fix "no service","no wifi","IMEI 049.."
    By max9241 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 04:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:52 PM.
twitter, follow us!