Results 1 to 9 of 9
Discuss What O2 EDGE settings do the UK iPhones use? at the General - Hackint0sh.org; I want to test them on my unlocked phone to see if its any quicker ...
  1. #1
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default What O2 EDGE settings do the UK iPhones use?

    I want to test them on my unlocked phone to see if its any quicker than the settings im using now



  2. #2
    Senior Professional Array h4xxr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I would like to know this too. Can someone who's bought a UK iPhone on O2 post their EDGE settings?

    Thanks

    ps Tom, I guess we could phone up Apple support, explain that we "deleted" the EDGE settings, and ask for them again?

  3. #3
    The Man Array aviegas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,108
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    73

    Default

    apn: mobile.o2.co.uk
    username: vertigo
    password: password

    (taken from 1.1.2 O2_UK.plist)

  4. #4
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I found it way slower than:

    apn: mobile.o2.co.uk
    username: web
    password: password

  5. #5
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I've got a new O2 iPhone, but it's not even got an Edge option in the General/network section where my other iPhone does. What's going on here ?


  6. #6
    The Man Array aviegas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,108
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyd View Post
    I've got a new O2 iPhone, but it's not even got an Edge option in the General/network section where my other iPhone does. What's going on here ?
    The EDGE settings are there, but the configuration is set not to show it.

    The info I've posted before was extracted from the network configuration file for the O2 network in 1.1.2, and the same file, LIKE ALL network config files, is set to NOT SHOW THE EDGE SETTINGS, except when ROAMING.

    So if the network is "unknow" it will show the settings, otherwise it will not.

  7. #7
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aviegas View Post
    The EDGE settings are there, but the configuration is set not to show it.

    The info I've posted before was extracted from the network configuration file for the O2 network in 1.1.2, and the same file, LIKE ALL network config files, is set to NOT SHOW THE EDGE SETTINGS, except when ROAMING.

    So if the network is "unknow" it will show the settings, otherwise it will not.
    Thanks for that

  8. #8
    bmn
    bmn is offline
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Interesting so how to fix this for o2 UK 1.1.2? I've downgraded to 1.1.1 jailbroke, ran installer.app got oktoprep on, did that bit,m upgraded again to 1.1.2 and EDGE is not working nor is Visual Voicemail.

    Any help appreciated.

  9. #9
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bmn View Post
    Interesting so how to fix this for o2 UK 1.1.2? I've downgraded to 1.1.1 jailbroke, ran installer.app got oktoprep on, did that bit,m upgraded again to 1.1.2 and EDGE is not working nor is Visual Voicemail.

    Any help appreciated.
    I'd too love to know!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. [1.1.4]&[2.0.2] No Edge settings
    By cloud75 in forum PwnageTool
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 01:01 AM
  2. [1.1.3] O2 uk edge settings
    By mizan215 in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 05:55 PM
  3. Edge settings for UK O2 iPhones?
    By Freedomwalker in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2008, 12:22 AM
  4. EDGE settings in 1.1.2 gone?
    By vd0t in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 02:09 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 08:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:53 PM.
twitter, follow us!