I have a jailbroken 2G iPhone running firmware 1.1.4 with lots of downloaded applications, and everything is kosher.
I was thinking of upgrading the firmware to 2.2 (the latest). Research on the net revealed that users *seem* to have encountered a lot of issues with the 2.x firmware, including:
1. Hanging at the boot logo/screen
2. Repeatedly rebooting without ever going past the apple boot logo
3. Vanishing EDGE settings
4. Inability to get past the "Emergency Calls" screen
5. Limited/fewer number of free applications available on 2.2 than 1.1.4
6. iPhone hangs/locks up when sliding the "Slide to Unlock" slider
Are there any more known issues? What are the real risks of upgrading to the 2.2 firmware?
I'd like to leave well enough alone, but I'm tempted by some of the newer apps that have appeared on the iTunes AppStore, and I can't acces the AppStore unless I'm using firmware 2.2.