Discuss Which version of Itunes? at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Hi all, a couple of short q's from a beginner that just unlocked using the ...
Which version of Itunes?
Hi all, a couple of short q's from a beginner that just unlocked using the unlock.no method (really simpe and easy, THANKS).
My PC running Itunes version 7, dies when I cradle my newly unlocked Ihone. It works OK without the phone conected
1) Anyone seen anything like that?
2) Is it "safe" to upgrade to Itunes 7,5 or has Apple maybe built some feature into Itunes to re-lock the phone?
3) From which version of Itunes is the Iphone recognized? I have tried to cradle the phone with an other PC running Itunes 6 but the phone does not show up (the PC did not die, though)
4) There is some issue with firmware and restoring the phone in Itunes. Unlock.no writes something about pressing the shift/option key while restoring. Is this something that also goes for PC users and what key combination corresponds to dhift/option?
THANKS out there, Best regards Franc
Welcome to the forum. Be sure to learn the search capabilities here; there's lots you'll want to do to and know about your new toy.
1) I think Firmware (FW) 1.1.1 required me to move to 7.4.1 iTunes for windows.
2) iTunes 7.5 is safe. You'll be smart to turn off auto-update whatever the version.
3) See 1 and 2.
4) Shift restore lets you re-load firmware (.ipsw) files previously downloaded, instead
of downloading from apple. If you want to restore *without* moving to the next
FW (e.g. 1.1.1), you'll have to do this. Search this forum or view the stickies for
locations to download different FW versions.
By Plolarmac in forum PwnageTool
Last Post: 12-24-2008, 01:04 AM
By Fixxer in forum General
Last Post: 08-10-2008, 01:29 AM