Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 102
Discuss [Tutorial] <Ziphone 2.2, Downgrade BL; Unlock with Mac at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by dtube The above reason is why people want to downgrade to BL ...
  1. #11
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    419
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtube View Post
    The above reason is why people want to downgrade to BL 3.9.
    But ... here's the catch:

    Once downgraded to 3.9, you cannot upgrade back to 4.6 (not yet)

    GeoHot is testing his BL 4.6_GEOMOD. I don't know if it will ever be available but you may want to hold on the BL downgrade.

    Why can't you upgrade back to 4.6 BL from 3.9?
    Because GeoHot did not find the exploit in BL 3.9 (at least not yet).

    So if you ever want to go from 3.9 to 4.6, you may be stuck.
    Yeah but how do you benefit from which bootloader you have?


  2. #12
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have had no success with ziphone. I am using a Mac and regardless of using ziphone 2.0, 2.1 I get the same failure idication.

    I have tried ziphone on firmware 1.1.2 and 1.1.3. No success. The information below is the failure message I get from ziphone on each occasion.

    I have even attempted using the older method of software unlocking via the jailbreak guides and downgrading to v1.1.1 but that little apple symbol appears and will not allow me to use the keyboard in any way.

    Help please



    ZiPhone v2.0 by Zibri. http://zibree.blogspot.com
    Source code available at: http://www.iphone-elite.org

    Loading zibri.dat.
    ppc
    Searching for iPhone...
    dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _sleep$UNIX2003
    Referenced from: /Users/andrew/Desktop/ZiPhoneOSX.app/Contents/Resources/ziphone
    Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

    dyld: Symbol not found: _sleep$UNIX2003
    Referenced from: /Users/andrew/Desktop/ZiPhoneOSX.app/Contents/Resources/ziphone
    Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib



    ERROR: ziphone returned 5
    Last edited by putytat; 02-15-2008 at 07:43 AM.

  3. #13
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I don't know what BL my iphone has i just know that the 4th and 5th digit of my serial# are 46 and that means that i have the new BL

    I know I have 1.1.2 from the box . I can't no use anysim , so with this new wonder (Ziphone) I unlocked it !!!!!!

    the iphone recognize my cell service provider BUT i can use the phone because every time i touch the keypad it retuns to home page ;-(

    I alredy try 1.1.1 ( from itune restore ) 1.1.2 1.0.1

    I don't know what to do ...........

    Help me please

  4. #14
    Senior Professional Array mmlp86's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Caracas
    Posts
    243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtube View Post
    The above reason is why people want to downgrade to BL 3.9.
    But ... here's the catch:

    Once downgraded to 3.9, you cannot upgrade back to 4.6 (not yet)

    GeoHot is testing his BL 4.6_GEOMOD. I don't know if it will ever be available but you may want to hold on the BL downgrade.

    Why can't you upgrade back to 4.6 BL from 3.9?
    Because GeoHot did not find the exploit in BL 3.9 (at least not yet).

    So if you ever want to go from 3.9 to 4.6, you may be stuck.
    i cant think of a good enough reason to why ud want to go from bl 3.9 to 4.6....3.9 is weaker and will always be easier to hack than 4.6...(plus u can virginize under 3.9) i have downgraded a bunch of iphones from bl4.6 to 3.9 and i dont regret it...when 1.1.4 comes out itll most probably be unlocked under 3.9 and wont be able to be unlocked under 4.6 until 1.1.5 comes out etc etc

  5. #15
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Smile

    Successfully Downgraded to 3.9 Bootloader without any errors.
    Previously was having 1.1.2 OTB iPhone unlocked, jailbreaked with ZiPhone.
    Now simply used the ZiPhone v2.2 and downgraded the bootloader to 3.9 which worked perfectly fine.

    Now at Bootloader 3.9, Firmware 1.1.3, Modem Firmware 4.03.13_G.

    Thank You Zibri very very much for this wonderful tool works gret without any error.

    You can downgrade your baseband directly no need to restore if you have 1.1.3 already installed.


  6. #16
    me.
    me. is offline
    Senior Professional Array me.'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    405
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmlp86 View Post
    i cant think of a good enough reason to why ud want to go from bl 3.9 to 4.6....3.9 is weaker and will always be easier to hack than 4.6...(plus u can virginize under 3.9) i have downgraded a bunch of iphones from bl4.6 to 3.9 and i dont regret it...when 1.1.4 comes out itll most probably be unlocked under 3.9 and wont be able to be unlocked under 4.6 until 1.1.5 comes out etc etc
    That's exactly what I'm thinking! There seems to be no downside to having 3.9 for future updates... I wonder if Apple can tie some new features to 4.6 bl though.. Is it doable coding wise?

  7. #17
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmlp86 View Post
    i cant think of a good enough reason to why ud want to go from bl 3.9 to 4.6....3.9 is weaker and will always be easier to hack than 4.6...(plus u can virginize under 3.9) i have downgraded a bunch of iphones from bl4.6 to 3.9 and i dont regret it...when 1.1.4 comes out itll most probably be unlocked under 3.9 and wont be able to be unlocked under 4.6 until 1.1.5 comes out etc etc
    I see your point but I was eluding to the fact that we wait to see if 4.6_GEOMOD will be a reality. That is the ultimate hack.

    Going from 3.9 to 4.6 is not the key. Going from 3.9 to 4.6_GEOMOD is the one.

    The discussion here was downgrading the current 4.6 to 3.9. If you do that, you may not be able to go from 3.9 to 4.6/4.6_GEOMOD because of no known 3.9 exploit.

    Of course, GeoHot would not leave everyone with 3.9 in limbo. He or someone will find something but in the mean time, the focus is on 4.6

    The way things have developed in the past week or two (fast) ... I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4.6_GEOMOD release :-) for current 4.6 BL phone.
    Last edited by dtube; 02-15-2008 at 07:37 AM.

  8. #18
    Senior Professional Array dandy0510's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    175
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    15

    Default n41

    Quote Originally Posted by Number_41 View Post
    Machttp://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=675
    Downgrade Blhttp://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=678
    Windowshttp://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=666


    N41

    2.2 Has been released.
    http://rapid$hare.com/files/91949327/ZiPhone2.2.zip

    Wait for a new tutorial if you wish.
    hey number_41, new pic? haha. nice pic of your cat.
    ***********************
    user since 1.0 - 1.0.2 - .1.1.1 - 1.1.2 - 1.1.3 - 1.1.4 - 2.1

  9. #19
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaruf View Post
    I don't know what BL my iphone has i just know that the 4th and 5th digit of my serial# are 46 and that means that i have the new BL

    I know I have 1.1.2 from the box . I can't no use anysim , so with this new wonder (Ziphone) I unlocked it !!!!!!

    the iphone recognize my cell service provider BUT i can use the phone because every time i touch the keypad it retuns to home page ;-(

    I alredy try 1.1.1 ( from itune restore ) 1.1.2 1.0.1

    I don't know what to do ...........

    Help me please
    You have to use iWorld from Installer tweaks 1.1.2 and choose your country. after that everything will be fine...

  10. #20
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    so I had a 1.1.3 officially jailbreaked phone with the original baseband (it was an otb 1.1.1). after using ziphone 2.1 everything seemed to work until I tried to install stuff (bsd, games) from installer. 'cause then it crashed. no restart helped either. only apple logo and animated loading sign. now after third restoring i do not even dare to touch the installer. any idea?


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 06:35 AM
  2. Replies: 329
    Last Post: 02-26-2008, 05:34 AM
  3. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 02:18 PM
  4. 1.1.2 Unlock (Via Downgrade) Tutorial Up
    By pspsully in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 06:36 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:32 PM.
twitter, follow us!