Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
Discuss T-mobile EDGE. at the General - Hackint0sh.org; hi i just unlocked my iphone, i previously had a sidekick 3 with the data ...
  1. #1
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default T-mobile EDGE.

    hi i just unlocked my iphone, i previously had a sidekick 3 with the data plan. i guess the sidekick data plan doesnt work with the iphone. is it possible for me to cancel the sidekick data plan and upgrade to the $5.99 data plan? if so how? do i just call t-mobile? and does the t-zone still work with the iphone?



  2. #2
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    search the forum, or even Google for that matter, for "iphone t-zones". You'll find more than a few how-to's and threads on the topic.
    iPhoneWriter.com
    Blogging about the Apple iPhone from an Apple iPhone.
    Recent Article: How To: Silence Phone Spammers with Silent Running

  3. #3
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    well i dont need to know how to do it. i just want to know if i could cancel my sidekick data plan and get the t-zone plan without going though contract crap.

  4. #4
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    60
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    ya sure lol that easy just form now on use it on your iphone no need to call in and crap

  5. #5
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    how do i cancel the sidekick plan? without calling. people told me that the sidekick plan doesnt work, and i can confirm it doesnt work because i cant load anything.


  6. #6
    Respected Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Dutchess County, NY
    Posts
    556
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Log on to your T Mobile account then change your data plan to T Mobile web. I have the $5.99 plan and it works just as good as the total internet plan. The speeds are identical dont let anyone tell you otherwise. The only thing you cant get is you tube via edge.

  7. #7
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JD914 View Post
    Log on to your T Mobile account then change your data plan to T Mobile web. I have the $5.99 plan and it works just as good as the total internet plan. The speeds are identical dont let anyone tell you otherwise. The only thing you cant get is you tube via edge.
    so if i upgrade to the t-zone on the website, it would automatically cancel the sidekick one? wait why cant you look at youtube? i did the youtube hack too.

  8. #8
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    you can it's just stab-me-in-the-face sloooowww. For youtube to be enjoyably, you'll want to be on wifi. I have total internet because I use their wifi zones a lot, but it's still difficult to compensate the 15 extra bucks for it. If I were u I'd do T-zones. I'm pretty sure u can cancel the sidekick plan online, that's how I did it when I changed from the Sidekick to the dash, but I had to call to get the total plan for my iPhone. It isn't posted on the website yet, or at least it wasn't a month ago. As for the T-zone settings you have to put these files on your iPhone.

  9. #9
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by auburnguy32 View Post
    you can it's just stab-me-in-the-face sloooowww. For youtube to be enjoyably, you'll want to be on wifi. I have total internet because I use their wifi zones a lot, but it's still difficult to compensate the 15 extra bucks for it. If I were u I'd do T-zones. I'm pretty sure u can cancel the sidekick plan online, that's how I did it when I changed from the Sidekick to the dash, but I had to call to get the total plan for my iPhone. It isn't posted on the website yet, or at least it wasn't a month ago. As for the T-zone settings you have to put these files on your iPhone.
    cool thanks. i got this from the t-mobile site "Just $5.99 per month gives you unlimited access to mobile Web destinations and great capabilities—like reading, editing, and sending e-mail directly from your phone."

    does that mean i can only access websites that are designed for mobile phones? or i can visit webpage?

  10. #10
    Respected Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Dutchess County, NY
    Posts
    556
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harrisont View Post
    cool thanks. i got this from the t-mobile site "Just $5.99 per month gives you unlimited access to mobile Web destinations and great capabilities—like reading, editing, and sending e-mail directly from your phone."

    does that mean i can only access websites that are designed for mobile phones? or i can visit webpage?
    on the iphone you get unlimited data with t zones as long as you do the proxy hack. Stop asking and just do it you'll be saving yourself $14 a month. You tube is only enjoyable via wifi. I had the unlimited data plan and you tube worked but it was slow to load and the picture quality was unwatchable. I only view you tube in wifi now.


 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2.2 and T-mobile edge
    By joecool2 in forum iPhone 3G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2009, 05:38 PM
  2. [3G][EDGE]T-Mobile Edge with Tornado SIM HELP
    By mysticxknight in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-23-2008, 07:53 PM
  3. T-Mobile UK Edge??
    By JC23 in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 10:21 PM
  4. AIM using T-Mobile (USA) with Edge?
    By htown in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 02:41 PM
  5. How to use EDGE with T-Mobile
    By djfuellen in forum General
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 02:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:39 PM.
twitter, follow us!