Discuss ssh from iphone to my powermac at the General - Hackint0sh.org; i have neen trying to get access to my main computer a mac pro thru ...
ssh from iphone to my powermac
i have neen trying to get access to my main computer a mac pro thru ssh but everytime the connection gets refused by the mac pro. Any ideas what i may be doing wrong?
Last edited by Polo; 09-17-2007 at 02:43 PM.
Reason: iphone keyboard misshapps
did you install
on your iphone thruogh app tapp installer? otherwise you aint have a ssh client. on your mac open preferences - > sharing -> services
you have to enable someting like "remote access". have a german system. its the option below "personal web sharing". then you can log into your mac.
use that all the time
Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
---------- iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
I presume you have the BSD tools, SSH, and Terminal installed on your iPhone otherwise you wouldn't be asking this question....
If the connection to your Mac Pro results in the iPhone Terminal returning a 'connection refused' error, then one of the following problems could be the cause:
1. You're not running SSH server on your Mac Pro. Check Sharing and Firewall in System Preferences. You need 'Remote Login' enabled.
2. You are running custom SSH config with different port number on the Mac Pro.
3. The wifi router that your iPhone connects to is filtering SSH packets before they get to the Mac Pro (though this should result in timeouts, not 'connection refused' errors)
4. Your DNS is not working properly (a known iPhone problem) and you're not SSHing to your Mac Pro at all, but some other machine (like a router). If DNS is pointing you to a real machine that isn't your Mac Pro, you may get 'connection refused' - otherwise it's more likely to be a timeout though. Try the IP address of the Mac Pro and ensure you can ping it first.
5. You're not using password-interactive and instead you're using private keys, which I have no knowledge of and can't advise on But this could be a problem. I've only used password-interactive login on SSH both ways from my G5 Quad to my iPhone and vice versa.
The BSD and SSH tools setup does work on the iPhone - I've had SSH sessions going both ways using password-interactive since well before the unlock
thanx everyone for the responses. it works now; i had to activate remote access (guess i could have thought of that myself).
now THIS is a handy use of the iphone...
By bbowens in forum Hardware
Last Post: 06-21-2011, 11:34 AM
By Mprasolov in forum Genuine Mac Support
Last Post: 04-21-2011, 04:56 PM
By smi2710 in forum Genuine Mac Support
Last Post: 03-02-2009, 11:11 AM
By J0NA5 in forum Genuine Mac Support
Last Post: 01-10-2009, 10:46 PM
By firestorm in forum Tiger
Last Post: 03-28-2008, 09:20 PM