Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202131 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 350
Discuss [Solution] Solving the "No Service" problem at the General - Hackint0sh.org; B-Cube what happened with u? any updates?...
  1. #101
    ZuZ
    ZuZ is offline
    Senior Professional Array ZuZ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    261
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    B-Cube what happened with u? any updates?
    Click on the thumbs up if u find my posts useful

    Working 2.2.1 iPhone in Beirut, Lebanon
    WAP/GPRS?EDGE - Yes
    Call In/Out - Yes/Yes
    Wiggly Icons - Yes
    Google Hybrid Maps - Yes
    Google Faux GPS - Yes
    Multiple SMS In/Out - Yes/Yes
    WiFi - Yes
    EDGE - Yes
    YouTube App - Yes


  2. #102
    Gi0
    Gi0 is offline
    Senior Professional Array Gi0's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    302
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simonxda View Post
    Might just work if you try this:

    Enable / Disable iPhone brick state (fix No Carrier issue)

    Introduction

    This here program allows you to manually enable / disable the brick state on your iPhone.


    If your iPhone no longer makes calls, or appears to have NO SIGNAL then it is likely the firmware has enabled brick mode.

    You can now easily disable the brick state with this program (must be compiled first)

    Additionally, the brick state can be enabled across reboots of the iPhone. Bricktool has been tested on version 1.1.2 of the iPhone software.

    Instructions

    How to use it on an iPhone:

    -From a command prompt, to enable the modem:


    ./bricktool


    -From a command prompt, to enable the modem:


    ./bricktool d


    -From a command prompt, to disable the modem:


    ./bricktool e

    http://iphone-elite.googlecode.com/files/bricktool.zip
    Gave it a shot before opening the phone.Although it was succesful as it reported,it didnt work for me.I also recommend trying this before opening it.

  3. #103
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    First of all, I would like to extend my gratitude to all of you who share you experience here. Sadly my iphone suffer the No Carrier, Call ended Call Failed curse. I tried all that ZUZ had tried before he open his phone. I also try the bricktool. I even try Turbosim, it did not work. After reading all your experience, I have decided that opening up the iphone is the way to go. But before that I need someone to clarify for me a few things.

    1. Did you open up your iphone when it is still within waranty? Should I try waranty first?
    2. Anyone manage to open their Iphone without a scratch? (I love the sleekness of the iphone, and hate to scratch it) Any tips?
    3. The black cover that suppose to come out first seems very snugly fitted. Any one have a sure way of getting it open without excessive force?
    4. Does running wifi for a long time affect the mobile signal in anyway?
    5. Does the back of your Iphone heats up near the apple logo at the back when it is searching for signal?

    Thank you all. Happy New Year.

  4. #104
    Gi0
    Gi0 is offline
    Senior Professional Array Gi0's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    302
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by techhuan View Post
    First of all, I would like to extend my gratitude to all of you who share you experience here. Sadly my iphone suffer the No Carrier, Call ended Call Failed curse. I tried all that ZUZ had tried before he open his phone. I also try the bricktool. I even try Turbosim, it did not work. After reading all your experience, I have decided that opening up the iphone is the way to go. But before that I need someone to clarify for me a few things.

    1. Did you open up your iphone when it is still within waranty? Should I try waranty first?
    2. Anyone manage to open their Iphone without a scratch? (I love the sleekness of the iphone, and hate to scratch it) Any tips?
    3. The black cover that suppose to come out first seems very snugly fitted. Any one have a sure way of getting it open without excessive force?
    4. Does running wifi for a long time affect the mobile signal in anyway?
    5. Does the back of your Iphone heats up near the apple logo at the back when it is searching for signal?

    Thank you all. Happy New Year.
    1.If u can get it back to an apple store,then its the way to go.They re gonna give u a new one.People with the same problem that returned the phone to apple stores,got a new one within minutes.
    2.I did,no scratches.But the only tip i can give u is be patient and careful.Dont try to do the job within a limited period of time,u ll probably end up being in a hurry,thus probably scratch it.
    3.It is quite hard to open it.As i said in previous posts,gentle force will do the trick.Again,dont be in a hurry.
    4.Havent heard anything about that and i ve done my research before opening my phone.
    5.The heat has to be a result of the contact,it doesnt have to be the result of searching for signal specifically.Actually its the other way around,the searching for signal is the result of the contact between the rear panel and the board.


    Merry xmas and happy new year!
    Last edited by Gi0; 12-25-2007 at 11:17 AM.

  5. #105
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Jodhpur, India
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    With the phone working without the NSC for so many days now, I finally decided to update my signature!!!

    Merry Christmas All,
    nochinta
    Freed from the 'No Service Curse' by http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17154
    Installer Apps to Get Airtel Live and vodafone live(india) working on your Iphone, goto http://frustimation.blogspot.com/
    ---------------------------------------
    Incredible INDIA!!!!!!!


  6. #106
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    no service is back for me a couple of days after opening the phone. so frustrating....

  7. #107
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Jodhpur, India
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hey,
    so you've removed the two screws on the side right now, right?
    why don't you try what Gi0 did by putting pieces of plastic toothpicks to increase space!!
    Freed from the 'No Service Curse' by http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17154
    Installer Apps to Get Airtel Live and vodafone live(india) working on your Iphone, goto http://frustimation.blogspot.com/
    ---------------------------------------
    Incredible INDIA!!!!!!!

  8. #108
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gi0 View Post
    1.If u can get it back to an apple store,then its the way to go.They re gonna give u a new one.People with the same problem that returned the phone to apple stores,got a new one within minutes.
    2.I did,no scratches.But the only tip i can give u is be patient and careful.Dont try to do the job within a limited period of time,u ll probably end up being in a hurry,thus probably scratch it.
    3.It is quite hard to open it.As i said in previous posts,gentle force will do the trick.Again,dont be in a hurry.
    4.Havent heard anything about that and i ve done my research before opening my phone.
    5.The heat has to be a result of the contact,it doesnt have to be the result of searching for signal specifically.Actually its the other way around,the searching for signal is the result of the contact between the rear panel and the board.


    Merry xmas and happy new year!
    Thank you very much for the excellent explaination. It is members like yourself that make this forum a great place to be. Thanks a million.

    Does apple store replace Iphone with "no service, call ended and call failed" even though wifi and other things are working? Or they take it in for repair and only gives back after weeks?

    Merry xmas and happy new year!

  9. #109
    Gi0
    Gi0 is offline
    Senior Professional Array Gi0's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    302
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by techhuan View Post
    Thank you very much for the excellent explaination. It is members like yourself that make this forum a great place to be. Thanks a million.

    Does apple store replace Iphone with "no service, call ended and call failed" even though wifi and other things are working? Or they take it in for repair and only gives back after weeks?

    Merry xmas and happy new year!
    And its people like u,who appreciate and say a plain thanx,that makes it worthwhile.
    Ontopic,you get a brand new one.Its hardware failure,and its their fault.Keep us updated


    Quote Originally Posted by seb0fh View Post
    no service is back for me a couple of days after opening the phone. so frustrating....
    nochinta s '"no service" problem came back after a while,but he fixed it with better insulation.Or u can do what i did,as nochinta said also,and see if it works.Check previous posts.

    @nochinta
    congrats on your new sig dude
    Last edited by Gi0; 12-26-2007 at 09:01 AM.

  10. #110
    ZuZ
    ZuZ is offline
    Senior Professional Array ZuZ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    261
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    wohoooo
    Click on the thumbs up if u find my posts useful

    Working 2.2.1 iPhone in Beirut, Lebanon
    WAP/GPRS?EDGE - Yes
    Call In/Out - Yes/Yes
    Wiggly Icons - Yes
    Google Hybrid Maps - Yes
    Google Faux GPS - Yes
    Multiple SMS In/Out - Yes/Yes
    WiFi - Yes
    EDGE - Yes
    YouTube App - Yes


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. [Solution] "No Service" problem
    By peu in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 06:44 PM
  2. "Unlock.app" can fix "no service","no wifi","IMEI 049.."
    By max9241 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 04:12 PM
  3. Any Solution For "No Service" for iPhone 1.1.1
    By teamare2006 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 02:03 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-23-2007, 03:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:31 PM.
twitter, follow us!