Discuss Put ringtones on with 6 easy steps at the General - Hackint0sh.org; I have always been making my own ringtones using Audacity (a free music editing program, ...
Put ringtones on with 6 easy steps
I have always been making my own ringtones using Audacity (a free music editing program, awesome for making ringtones) and have finally wanted to add one to my iPhone until I found out all the hoops I had to jump through. Then I tried a simple solution and it worked, so I thought I'd share it since I didnt find it anywhere.
1. Download Xilisoft iPhone Ringtone Maker, it lets you convert mp3 to m4r for 10 seconds or whatever in the free trial version. After you make your initial file, it can be anything, uninstall Xilisoft your done with it.
2. Double click the file, it will add it to iTunes in the ringtone section.
3. Delete the ringtone file you just added to iTunes, DONT DELETE IT FROM ITUNES, just delete the file from your desktop or wherever it is.
4. Go to folder options in control panel and uncheck hide known file extensions.
5. Make your ringtone in Audacity or whatever program, save as a Mp3 and then rename the MP3 extension to m4r.
6. Now if you click it, it wont do anything because it isn't a "real" m4r file BUT now you just click the ringtone you made earlier with Xilisoft in iTunes. It will say file cannot be found, would you like to search, just search and now select your NEW ringtone you made.
Bam, you just added a new ringtone to your iPhone. Enjoy.
Scratch that, theres an easier way.
1. Make the ringtone in MP3 format, drag to iTunes when done.
2. Right click it in iTunes, convert to ACC.
3. Find the new ACC file and rename it to M4R extension.
4. Double click it and it'll be added.
just use iringer dude..... u can create any ringtone u like and it will be automatically added to itunes
By Pato0 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-23-2008, 03:32 AM
By MostOfMymac.com in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-27-2008, 05:03 AM