has anyone had a problem with the usgae statistics?
i find that if i just plug my iphone in to synce some new songs then unplug it without leaving it to charge fully the usage stats just becomes blank until i next do a full charge.
anyone have this problem too?
Yes excatly the same. When I charge it fully it comes back normal...about 1 hour of use it becomes blank.
My iphone is working with Geo's method. And you ?
A friend of mine seems to have same issue.
Same for me. But it doesn't happen all the time when I connect. Sometime, it just add the information that the iPhone has been plugged since last charge. Sometime it reset and just say usage will be available after next full charge. And sometime, usage gets blank even if iPhone has not been connected. Seems quite unreliable.
hey all, i just did my unlock yesterday, so happy.
i think i figured out whats going on. everytime u install a program and restart the phone the usage stats seems to go blank.
obviously if ur using the installer app u don;t need to restart but it also resets the usage stat.
i thought of this yesterday, so seems to be holding true for now, i'm not goin to install anything for a couple of days and see what happens, and then install a new app.
Does make sense. I've been playing a lot with the install app last few days. So that may explain why my usage are blank. Will look at it next few days to see if I can confirm.
YES, I think the usage stats reset every time you reset the Springboard i.e. every time you install a new application.
Before the 1.0.2 firmware, my iphone was racking up 30 mimutes of usage a day handshaking with the cell phone towers. I was not using the phone and it was not setup for email checking, etc. Wifi was off. Charged the phone, verified the usage was 0, came back 24 hours later and had 30 minutes of usage.
With 1.0.2 it seems a whole lot less "chatty" with ma bell (or mayby they just no longer add system handshaking to the usage stats). I am now getting less than 5 minutes of unaccounted for usage a day.
same here. I realized the problem before I did geohot's unlock so it must be from the restarts of Installer.app - it's a bit annoying but I can live with that.