Thanks DietCoke. I couldn't get it to work on 5.1.1 ,is this version specific?
10-17-2012, 06:46 AM
Originally Posted by Whyme
Hi there I tryied to reset my password using the below method without thinking properly.
I deleted the master password then realised that there wasnt any master password.old.
Now my phone is stuck on the apple logo which every now and then goes off then back on.
Any ideas on what I can do to fix this please.
This exact same thing just happened to me. My phone is unusable. Please any help would be appreciated.
04-28-2013, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by DUM4S5
i did based upon the op's but this completely cuts out mobile terminal =]
1. get gtxtedit onto your phone, im not fussed how =]
2. load up gtxtedit
3. click open, and type /etc/master.passwd
4. see that text that the op identified in his post, the stuff between the colons, thats your hash text thing
5. go to the perl site, and in the $str box type in whatever you want your password to be
6. In the $salt box type in UI and click run
7. You should get a shiny new hash code thing
8. Replace the original hash with this new one, there should be two of them
9. click save and type in /etc/master.passwd
and you're done =]
if you're worried it didn't work load up terminal, type in su and then the new password. If it lets you in success, if not well somethings gone wrong somewhere...