[Tutorial] Auto-dimming on the iphone (save power on idle)
Macs have an auto-dimming feature that significantly dims the screen when the computer is idle, why doesn't the iPhone?
Actually, it does! For 1.1.3 at least :)
Its just a hidden feature.
Again, I only know that this works for 1.1.3. It may work for older versions, I don't know.
Here's how to set it:
1. Use your favorite method to browse to /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences
2. Download the com.apple.springboard.plist file to your computer
3. Go to http://22.214.171.124/~khchung/cgi-bin/plutil.cgi and convert the plist file out of its binary format and save it (you can replace the original)
4. Open the file with your favorite text editor (notepad will work)
5. Find the line <key>SBAutoDimTime</key>
6. The next line will look like <integer>##</integer> where ## is just some number. Change ## to whatever you want the delay to be before the screen dims. For example, if you change it to 30, the screen will dim in 30 seconds.
7. Upload your newly modified file back to /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences on your iphone
8. Respring your phone and DONE :)