[Solution] Solving the "No Service" problem
Since 2 weeks ago and i was getting the famous "No Service" on my iphone. Sometimes the iphone will catch a signal, or times it will stay on No Service for hours and hours.
Usually i had to reboot the iphone to get rid of the "No Service" until it happens again... on average of 5 times a day!!:confused:
i bought my iphone from the US brand new and it was on 1.0.0 so i upgraded to 1.1.1 unlocked it using anySim 1.1 and was using it happily in Lebanon, Beirut.
What I Did:
i searched all the forums to find a solution so here is what i tried to no vain:
1- Restored 1.1.1
2- Virginized 1.1.1
3- Downgraded to 1.0.2
4- Reupgraded to 1.1.1
5- Reunlocked my 1.1.1
6- Tried the methods posted in this forum on how to fix the baseband
finally i gave up hope.. so i decided to bite the bullet and jump onto the 1.1.2 wagon hopefully it will solve my problem..
7- Upgraded to 1.1.2
8- Restored to 1.1.1
9- Jailbreak Unlock using anySIM 1.2
10- upgraded to 1.1.2
11- Jailbroke 1.12
12- SUCCESS working on 1.1.2
suddenly out of nowhere and after a couple of hours. lo-and behold "No Service"
13- restored 1.1.2
14- tried to jailbreak but i couldnt
15- restored to 1.1.1
16- jailbreak + unlock 1.1.1 using anySIM 1.2
17- upgraded to 1.1.2
18- Jailbreak 1.1.2
and what do u know.... still no service..
thats when i decided to go to no-man's land..
i cracked my iphone open... after many many tries and cut fingers i managed to remove the rear panel.
Apparently there was a small electric short circuit in my iphone and the rearpanel was burnt from the inside and was making a short circuit with the logic board of the iphone.. so i installed some insulation and tightened the screws and reassembled the phone..
enough to say that my phone has a signal now and working flawlessly,
am so happy of the outcome but one thing bothering me is that small scratch on the side of my iphone from the operation...
but alas am so glad of the outcome and thought to share it with u guys hopefully someone will benefit :)