possible to use manually downloaded firmware with ibrickr
Found that on the ibrickr site. But isn't it possible to just manually download iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw and place it somewhere (where btw) in the itunes folder?
A number of you have e-mailed me asking how to get the firmware through iTunes without an activated iPhone. To do that, follow these steps:
- Plug your phone in / dock it, and turn it off
- Power it on
- While the grey apple appears, press and hold both the power and home buttons until it says "Please connect to iTunes"
- iTunes will pop up talking about restoring your phone. Begin the process and let it start downloading.
- Unplug the phone, then press and hold power and home buttons again, until the phone restarts
- Wait for the restore to fail in iTunes, and then start up iBrickr again. It should work this time!
Would be nice for the moment in the future that itunes only restores newer, not unlockable firmware (i'm not a native speaker guys!).