iTunes cannot backup iPhone and frequent random crashes
Hello all, I'm having two problems (maybe related?):
1) When trying to backup my iPhone with iTunes, I get "iTunes could not backup the iPhone "X" because it disconnected."
2) Every some time, once or twice a day, I cannot get my iPhone out of sleep: it is black and stays black even when I press the power/home buttons. I have tried pressing for a long time the home button, but only a reset will work (holding down power and home buttons together for around 10 seconds).
Now, in order to help you make a good diagnosis, let me explain what I have done since upgrading to firmware 2.2.1 on two iPhones, since the other one doesn't have any of the above problems. Let me call the problematic iPhone "iPhone A" and the one that works fine "iPhone B".
So both iPhone A and B were on firmware 1.1.4 unlocked/activated/jailbroken with iLiberty+, and working fine. Then I wanted to upgrade to firmware 2.2.1, and started with the iPhone B by doing the following:
1) QuickPwn -> it worked but no signal, so I did
2) Pwnage from DFU mode -> all working
3) Installed at least one free app from AppStore, then
4) Installed Installous and installed a few cracked apps -> all working (including backup with iTunes)
With iPhone A (which is having the problems), I did
1) Pwnage from Restore Mode (the DFU didn't work...) -> it worked but the iPhone would crash randomly (as I said above)
2) Pwnage again, this time from DFU mode by fixing iTunes first -> still same random crash, and because I could not see my Appulous (I should have installed a free app first), I did another
3) Pwnage... This time my Appulous didn't work, but I found out that I had to install an app from AppStore, so I did it and then my Appulous worked (but I haven't done the free app first). After that, I'm not sure if I still made a backup after, but I still have random crashes and iTunes cannot do backups. I could still do backups just before the last Pwnage.
Thanks a lot for your help. I hope it's all clear...
UPDATE: My iPhone just crashed again (in sleep mode, so I didn't actually see it crashing). I had to reset it to make it work again.