has anyone tried this?
i just found this post on kkdool.wordpress.com. This guy here talk about how to unlock an iphone after its been relockd due to a restore.
As i am still waiting for my iphone can someone please see if this works without doing the geohot HW unlock before doing this??
I mean, does this unlock the iphone without the hardware unlock??? has anyone tried this??
1. Open iActivator and select “Generate Activation”
2. There will then be a pop-up that asks for your iPhone’s IMEI and your ICCID (sim card number)
3. Type in the iPhone’s IMEI and the ICCID of the sim card you wish to use with your iPhone (not the AT&T that came with the iPhone) and save it.
4. Insert the original AT&T sim card that came with the iPhone into the iPhone.
5. Jailbreak your iPhone with iFuntastic 2.5. When you have done that minimize or quit iFuntastic.
6. Take out the AT&T sim card and put in your sim card you wish to use
7. Open iActivator and click on “Put PEM File”
8. Click “Activate iPhone”
9. Click “Return to Jail”
No wait, read it carefully, you need to do the hw unlock. The method he uses is so you don't have to do again the hw after update.
im not spamming guys... just wanna know if this actually works...
i have an intel mac.. all i dont have is an iphone... im outside the US, cant even get one here nearby... damn... plz some1 try it out
looks like this method only works if you have used the geohot method and relocked your phone using an update. then you can just do as it says to re unlock it without having to open your phone up again.
And thatís it your iPhone is once again unlocked without the need to redo the hardware unlock.
I do not know if this works without originally doing the Hardware unlock. Please try it and let me know!
see, the guy who suggests this method says that this might work without the geohot hack. if it actually does, whats the harm in some1 testing it out. Plz some1 try it out...
they just updated and it says the method he mentioned doesnt work but he is trying to figure things out.