[Bluetooth] fully working for BMW *FREE*
When I bought my BMW E60 (525d) last week, I was wondering if the iPhone was able to connect to the car via bluetooth.
BMW told me that they will give out an adapter for the iPhone but this will only work with cars from 09.2007. My BMW was build in 2006.
Yesterday I powered down my bluetooth headset while I was in the car and started to check the bluetooth status inside the settings of the iPhone. I was surprised to find a Bluetooth device "BMWxxxx". After connection, setting PINs and reentering inside the NAVI Professional I have the following features inside the car:
- iPhone connected to cars speakers and microphone
- full list of addresses inside my iPhone available through voice dial and Navi-Screen
- display of signal strength in Navi-Screen
- incoming/outgoing calls fully working
- seems to be a better connection (using cars antenna?) - less signal dropouts in this area
and best: it's for free!!! They normaly charge you 75€ for the adapter. OK I cannot charge it through this adapter but who cares.
BTW the iPhone does not seem to provide a device name (BMW shows "NoName")