[Advice] before buying an iPhone
Hi everyone I have been saving up for an Iphone for a while. I cant afford an O2 contract so unlocking and using my Vodafone sim is the only option for me. I do have some worries and I hope someone can help me out with these questions.
1. I understand that unlocking will void the warranty so how reliable is the hardware? Am I taking a huge gamble?
2. I think it can use Vodafone GPRS but can I control the connection so I dont end up with a large data bill? Can I make sure it only checks email when I ask it to?
3. Will the battery last at least two days if I turn off BT and WIFI and use the phone very little?
4. Is it the right time to buy an iphone? If a 3g version is due in June will the current version see a price drop? Or will the 8gb be dropped and the 16gb be the same price as an 8gb? I'm in the UK so maybe the 3g version wont turn up here until November?
5. Could you also state your recommendation for an unlock method, I'm currently leaning towards iliberty+ but I'm worried about the reports of wifi problems.