3gs on 4.0 stock, need unlock by Oct.
I have a 3gs which has been updated over time from whatever it came with os wise to iOS4.0 currently.
I know there is no published working jailbrake and unlock for the 3gs (Apple apparently figured out how to lock this phone down well) at the current moment.
What should I do/not do between now and October. I was thinking I'd better keep it at version 4.0 for now. Is there anything else to do in the meantime besides wait and keep the phone status quo?
Is there a disincentive to updating to 4.0.1? Will I continue to make things worse by doing so?
I am going to Amsterdam in October and would like to unlock by then so I can buy a sim over there and use my phone. I will suck it up and turn off the radio and use skype over WiFi if I need to while I'm there but would prefer a phone that wasn't dependent on WiFi while there.
What would be best practice given the few months I have to wait before I need an unlock?
wait theres ambiguity here
Hold on one sec, I'm confused.
First you said get my SHSH, but implied I could be at 4.0.1
I can get my SHSH with tiny umbrella right now at 4.0.
Could I then update to 4.0.1 and get the SHSH for 4.0.1 or would I be better off just staying put at 4.0?