A number of you have e-mailed me asking how to get the firmware through iTunes without an activated iPhone. To do that, follow these steps:
- Plug your phone in / dock it, and turn it off
- Power it on
- While the grey apple appears, press and hold both the power and home buttons until it says "Please connect to iTunes"
- iTunes will pop up talking about restoring your phone. Begin the process and let it start downloading.
- Unplug the phone, then press and hold power and home buttons again, until the phone restarts
- Wait for the restore to fail in iTunes, and then start up iBrickr again. It should work this time!