Results 1 to 10 of 10
Discuss Parrot CK3000 car kit - what works? at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Hi, I have a BB Pearl now, and when in my car and I make ...
  1. #1
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Parrot CK3000 car kit - what works?

    Hi,

    I have a BB Pearl now, and when in my car and I make a call, the voice command software on my Pearl takes over and I can say a contact name. It works great - I didnt have to train it or make it learn names.

    I understand that an IPhone doesnt have voice dialing. How does this work with car kits? Surely its dangerous to touch the phone when driving (and probably illegal in the UK anyway).

    My Parrot car kit has a 'voice tag' system where I think I can teach it speech to go wth each contact. The thing is - I think I have read that the IPhone cannot send a contact via bluetooth (which the Parrot apparently needs). So how would this work?

    Thanks so much,


    Neil



  2. #2
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealEvil View Post
    My Parrot car kit has a 'voice tag' system where I think I can teach it speech to go wth each contact. The thing is - I think I have read that the IPhone cannot send a contact via bluetooth (which the Parrot apparently needs). So how would this work?

    Hi,

    The Parrot car kit does send contacts from the iPhone. I have the 3200LS (with the colour screen) and once I paired the iphone to the Parrot, the address book starts transferring. You then press the stick, and the address book pops up. Turn to select and you know the rest.

    Be careful though is that although the Parrot stores a few phone profiles (I think 5), if you had already paired the BlackBerry, it will use that as the default phone and when you enter the car with both phones, it takes the BlackBerry and ignores the iPhone. You need to set the default phone or switch off the BlackBerry (if you're using both).

    hkbeejay

  3. #3
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Really? Thats great - I have heard others complain the phonebook didnt transfer but that was with built in bluetooth systems in cars. Do you use the 'voice tagging' feature?

    Quote Originally Posted by hkbeejay View Post
    Hi,

    The Parrot car kit does send contacts from the iPhone. I have the 3200LS (with the colour screen) and once I paired the iphone to the Parrot, the address book starts transferring. You then press the stick, and the address book pops up. Turn to select and you know the rest.

    Be careful though is that although the Parrot stores a few phone profiles (I think 5), if you had already paired the BlackBerry, it will use that as the default phone and when you enter the car with both phones, it takes the BlackBerry and ignores the iPhone. You need to set the default phone or switch off the BlackBerry (if you're using both).

    hkbeejay

  4. #4
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealEvil View Post
    Really? Thats great - I have heard others complain the phonebook didnt transfer but that was with built in bluetooth systems in cars. Do you use the 'voice tagging' feature?
    No I don't - not yet anyway. Got that installed only last week but trying out the features.

  5. #5
    Senior Professional Array MattCairns's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Works great on a mercedes benz with Bluetooth and the iPod kit, I can make calls and listen to the ipod at the same time.


  6. #6
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Has anyone outside of the states had issues with international dialing? I know that you have to do various "tricks" to make +46 (sweden) numbers get associated with incoming call, so I've done those, and it works great :p

    However, when paired to my BMW, the contacts all lose the + sign infront of the number, so +4640123456 becomes 4640123456 which renders it useless.

    Anyone had similar problems? Any known fix for it?

  7. #7
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    It turns out the CK3000 cannot get the contacts from the IPhone - all other Parrot models can but not mine. I cant believe it!

  8. #8
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    My phone connects as it should to the built-in bluetooth in a BMW 335. Contacts display perfectly, and dialing works great (or as great as it can with that horrible iDrive crap).

  9. #9
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I find that hard to believe that it isn't getting any contacts. I used it with the CK3100 which is practically the same, minus the screen. Everything works: carrier info, batter and signal meters, bluetooth name and voice dialing. The voice dialing is the best part because with the iphone, it uses the parrot's voice recognition which I find to be superior as opposed to when you use a pocket pc that uses the device's voice recognition.

  10. #10
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I know it sounds ridiculous but here is the compatablity chart for both models. Plus there are no options on the CK3000 Evo - it says to manually send contacts from my phone to the device, which I dont htink the IPhone can do...

    http://www.parrot.com/uk/support/onl...el=635&etape=3

    and the CK3000 evolution:

    http://www.parrot.com/usa/support/on...el=635&etape=3

    :-(

    Neil


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Will my bluetooth transfer Contacts to Parrot CK3000 EVO
    By boostz32 in forum iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 08:43 PM
  2. MacNN: Parrot intros iPhone-ready car stereo
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 03:40 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 06:57 PM
  4. cant connect to parrot ck3100
    By scott_Donald in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 08:23 PM
  5. IPhone and bluetooth car Kit (Parrot)
    By RealEvil in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-19-2007, 12:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:38 PM.
twitter, follow us!