Discuss [OPEN 1.1.3 DISCUSSION] Here you can talk about everything related to 1.1.3 at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Quoting from George Hotz Blog, the awesome dude who has brought to us the hardware ...
Quoting from George Hotz Blog, the awesome dude who has brought to us the hardware method:
So, as far as we are we CAN unlock the 1.1.2 via HARDWARE, but hey, the Secpack has been found.
1.1.2 OTB UNLOCKED
First of all, HUGE thanks to TA_Mobile and IMTH for getting us the secpack from 1.1.3
Now we have to wait a little bit more for the SOFTWARE unlock to be prepared and delivered to us.
Since it is needed for the hw unlock (which is confirmed to work), and geohot thanks for it, yes. It is extracted.
so now that they extracted the secpack from 1.1.3 the software unlock will finally come out soon for iphones 1.1.2 otb
yessssssss i have been waiting so long
I am not sure a soft unlock is as easy as it sounds. Even with the secpack, there still has to be an exploitable bug in BL4.6 such that it will allow a modified 1.1.2/1.1.3 bb fw to be flashed onto the baseband.
Since the 1.1.3 secpack header has an encrypted sha1 value of the firmware payload, it would not be easy flashing a modified firmware using it.
Our Dev Team is stronger than yours. We know Kung Fu
iPhone 1.1.2 AT&T, Using Vodafone UK, 'unlocked' using Turbo Sim. Edge/GPRS Yes/Yes thanks to n350ziphone!!
You Tube Yes
Looking Funky? Hell Yes
why would anyone switch to a software unlock after already buying the sim solution. you would think the sim solution would be better since you can always virginize and restore your warranty.
Originally Posted by Neogen
just a thought:
is there somewhere the source of your "ienew"?
it should be possible to change the testcode.bb with a flash function and additional data from bl3.9. After this the new functions once started with a second iunew in arm core they should be able to downgrade the bootloader itself...
May be it磗 possible to workaround this to make the hardware-connection needless...
this would than be a complete software downgrade
me personally am more eager to get 1.1.3 jailbreaked.. i am using an england o2 sim so am not desperate for and unlock. I just home when 1.1.3 is jailbreaked i'll still be able to use my non iphone contract o2 sim
SEARCH!!! Its really not that hard!!
Unbrick your 1.1.3 BRICK!
It seems that the new baseband will not work on 1.1.2, and since it doesn't seem that 1.1.3 can be jailbreaked or activated, those of you who upgraded to 1.1.3 and now have bricks (or semi-bricks if you downgraded to 1.1.1 or 1.12 and can not use phone functions) will have to restore the baseband. Here are the steps and the rar file includes everything you will need, except for the 1.1.1 and 1.0.2 firmware files, which can be downloaded below.
1.1.2 Baseband Downgrade Pack:
1) If on 1.1.2 or 1.1.3, You will now need to go into restore mode on the phone (Hold both buttons, then let go of the power button when the phone turns off and keep holding the home button for a few more seconds, until iTunes says to restore) and downgrade using SHIFT-Restore to 1.1.1
2) When in 1.1.1, You will now need to go into restore mode on the phone (Hold both buttons, then let go of the power button when the phone turns off and keep holding the home button for a few more seconds, until iTunes says to restore) and downgrade using SHIFT-Restore to 1.0.2
3) Jailbreak and activate the phone using WINSTALLER (open WinstallerGUI.exe and click on activate)
4) Install Installer.app using WINSTALLER by clicking on 'Install Application', then selecting the Installer.app folder
5) Run Installer on your phone, (update if necessary) and install Community Sources (from Sources), BSD Subsystem (from System) and OpenSSH (from System) in that order.
6) Using WinSCP, connect to your iPhone (user: root password:dottie) and upload:
to /usr/bin on your iPhone. This is the 1.1.3 secpack.
7) Using PuTTY, connect to your iphone (again user: root pass:dottie).
Type in the following: (pressing the ENTER button after each line)
Now type in:
chmod +x iEraser
chmod +x bbupdater
At this point bbupdater will return saying that it could not ping the baseband. This is good and means it was successfully deleted.
8) Overwrite with the new baseband by typing in the following:
bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep
It will run its course. When finished type in:
It should tell you that you have modem version 03.14.08_G.
9) You will now need to go back into restore mode on the phone (Hold both buttons, then let go of the power button when the phone turns off and keep holding the home button for a few more seconds, until iTunes says to restore) and using the SHIFT-Restore method, restore to 1.02.
10) You can now restore to 1.1.1 and use the *#307# method and jailbreakme.com to unlock or install oktoprep and update to 1.1.2 then use anysim1.2u to unlock.
11) If you unlocked using AnySIM, you will need to reinstall it (In installer.app, add 'i.unlock.no/' (make sure to include that last slash) to your sources, and then you will have a new category called unlocking tools, in which you can install anysim, but make sure to install BSD subsystem again first!
1.1.2 Baseband Downgrade Pack:
secpack 1.1.3 exists from a month ago?
this is from geohot blog:
You are a big lamer as always.
Now many people will brick their phones with "your" method.
You didn't do ANYTHING.
You just put together things done by others.
And thanks you for releasing the secpack. we all (devs) had it from 1 month!
We didn't release it because we didn't want to give apple new weapons and people new ways to brick their phones.
Do you want a prove ?
Now compare the md5 of the secpack.
I posted that on 15th of january 2008 but we had it from a month.
Last Post: 05-21-2008, 04:01 PM
By AsTuRkInG in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-03-2008, 01:08 AM
By boris55 in forum General
Last Post: 09-03-2007, 12:33 AM